HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Owen Farmer
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-09-06
Age : 38
Location : Bridport

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:44 am

Hi Andy,

This is a knock out competition: -

Round 1
6 winners qualify

Round 2
3 winners qualify + top losing team

Round 3
semi finals

Round 4
Final & 3rd place play off

_________________
I must smite the unworthy


Last edited by Owen Farmer on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 pm

sorry jay can`t do list still waiting to see what bens doing
but it looks like it will be attack first magic second shooting next then watch the elite clan rats bugger off into the sunset as usual booooooooooooo

as to winners who cares not me ha tactics i sh*t em death or insanity awaits
seriously ben get in touch or were f****d need some lords
better bring 3 just in case skaven rules apply

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
death to all hoomans, pointy things,stumpy ones,and orks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay Court
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 367
Join date : 2009-10-04
Age : 48
Location : Everywhere...

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:03 pm

What happens if the weather turns nasty? We had some rubbish weather today.

Can we postpone by a week if nessecary?

_________________
If it moves, hit it.

If it doesn't move hit it anyway!

Give in to the rage!! Evil or Very Mad

www.thegiantslair.co.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owen Farmer
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-09-06
Age : 38
Location : Bridport

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Jay Court wrote:
What happens if the weather turns nasty? We had some rubbish weather today.

Can we postpone by a week if nessecary?

I've looked at the weather report for Thursday and it seems fine. If however, things change then we'll think about postponing it.

_________________
I must smite the unworthy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 25
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:16 pm

if its not to late for me and josh to join the tournament.

me(ogres) and josh will be using skaven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2009-12-08
Age : 31
Location : On a Carny, hiding behind Skinks

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Rich sent you a pm earlier on so sent it again just now hopefully you get it this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owen Farmer
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-09-06
Age : 38
Location : Bridport

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 pm

michael tetley wrote:
if its not to late for me and josh to join the tournament.

me(ogres) and josh will be using skaven.

OK, you can join in however, have you seen a copy of the rules pack? if not the main points are :-

1) You have 1500 to spend in this you must a character who can act as the entire armies general. (There will be a roll off at the start of the battle to decide which character is the general)
2) You must bring 2 core units.
3) You can NOT exchange any left over points to your team mate.
4) Your BSB and general will affect your team mates troops as will friendly magic spells where appropriate.
5) You are one 3000 point army so between you you can have

5 special
3 rare
4 heroes
2 lords

_________________
I must smite the unworthy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob Farmer
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 379
Join date : 2009-09-06
Age : 41
Location : Atlantic City

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 am

Owen Farmer wrote:
michael tetley wrote:
if its not to late for me and josh to join the tournament.

me(ogres) and josh will be using skaven.

OK, you can join in however, have you seen a copy of the rules pack? if not the main points are :-

1) You have 1500 to spend in this you must a character who can act as the entire armies general. (There will be a roll off at the start of the battle to decide which character is the general)
2) You must bring 2 core units.
3) You can NOT exchange any left over points to your team mate.
4) Your BSB and general will affect your team mates troops as will friendly magic spells where appropriate.
5) You are one 3000 point army so between you you can have

5 special
3 rare
4 heroes
2 lords

I should add that as you are one army, you can take one BSB between you.

Anyone got any other last minute questions?

_________________
Palpatine's behind it all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2009-09-07
Age : 41
Location : Torpoint

PostSubject: Putting money where the mouth is.   Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:05 am

Owen (Empire) & Rob (Woodelves)
Ed (Warriors) & Guy (Daemons)
Jay (Daemons) & Lee (Vampire Counts)
Rich (Skaven) & Ben C (Orcs & Goblins)
Andi (Vampire Counts) & Derek (Vampire Counts)
Jerry (Dark Elves) & Max (Dark Elves)
Swabs (Orcs & Goblins) & Ben (Orcs & Goblins)
Simon (Dark Elves) & Tom (Dark Elves)
Andy W (Chaos Dwarfs) & Kev (Warriors)
Mike (Dwarfs) & Sean (Lizardmen)
Aaron (Lizardmen) & Ed G (Lizardmen)
Mike (Ogres) & Josh (Skaven

Ok here we are the night before the big event and for a laugh im gonna list what i think may be the outcome (of course its impossible to correctly predict as we dont know the draw but here goes).

1.Dark elves/dark elves
2.Chaos dwarves/warriors
3.Vampire/vampire
4.Empire/woodelves
5.Warriors/daemons
6.Daemons/vampires
7.Lizardmen/lizardmen
8.Dwarves/lizardmen
9. Skaven/orcs
10.Dark elves/dark elves
11.Orcs/orcs
12.Ogres/skaven

This is the way i see a league ending up but of course first battle could be 1vs2 so of course the outcome would be wrong. Anyway goodluck to one and all and enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:03 am

andi andi andi listing me in 9th booooooooooo
might have to bring a fell blade just in case
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay Court
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 367
Join date : 2009-10-04
Age : 48
Location : Everywhere...

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Lee, I see nobody sees us as a threat! Time to unleash our secret weapon!!

Send in the Marines! (whoops, wrong game!)

_________________
If it moves, hit it.

If it doesn't move hit it anyway!

Give in to the rage!! Evil or Very Mad

www.thegiantslair.co.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2009-09-07
Age : 41
Location : Torpoint

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:53 am

Nothing against you Richy mate but i know you have to play with Ben so that brings you down a lot!! hee hee hee.

Saying that you'll proabably win the whole thing with your nasty army of ratness and doom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 29
Location : in your ear telling you to burn stuff

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 am

can't wait for tonight even though i have a feel me and guy are going to be paired off aginst twin dark elves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob Farmer
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 379
Join date : 2009-09-06
Age : 41
Location : Atlantic City

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:07 am

Ed Breddy wrote:
can't wait for tonight even though i have a feel me and guy are going to be paired off aginst twin dark elves

We can only hope...

_________________
Palpatine's behind it all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 29
Location : in your ear telling you to burn stuff

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:26 am

Rob Farmer wrote:
Ed Breddy wrote:
can't wait for tonight even though i have a feel me and guy are going to be paired off aginst twin dark elves

We can only hope...

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2009-09-07
Age : 41
Location : Torpoint

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Well well, we sit on the eve of the quarter final night to see which armies triumph to progress through to the semi's. With the double vampires sitting back, looking on to see which mortal souls will face them next. Will the chaos hordes of dwarf and warrior overcome the squabbling orcs and chittering ratmen or will the furnace and abomination be too much to handle?
The double dark elf pairing square off against a reletivly unknown element in an ogre and skaven combo. What dirty tricks will each unveil to master the win? Only time will tell.

Good luck to all battling out tomorrow im sure there are going to be some great games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2009-09-07
Age : 41
Location : Torpoint

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 am

Andi Avery wrote:
Owen (Empire) & Rob (Woodelves)
Ed (Warriors) & Guy (Daemons)
Jay (Daemons) & Lee (Vampire Counts)
Rich (Skaven) & Ben C (Orcs & Goblins)
Andi (Vampire Counts) & Derek (Vampire Counts)
Jerry (Dark Elves) & Max (Dark Elves)
Swabs (Orcs & Goblins) & Ben (Orcs & Goblins)
Simon (Dark Elves) & Tom (Dark Elves)
Andy W (Chaos Dwarfs) & Kev (Warriors)
Mike (Dwarfs) & Sean (Lizardmen)
Aaron (Lizardmen) & Ed G (Lizardmen)
Mike (Ogres) & Josh (Skaven

Ok here we are the night before the big event and for a laugh im gonna list what i think may be the outcome (of course its impossible to correctly predict as we dont know the draw but here goes).

1.Dark elves/dark elves
2.Chaos dwarves/warriors
3.Vampire/vampire
4.Empire/woodelves
5.Warriors/daemons
6.Daemons/vampires
7.Lizardmen/lizardmen
8.Dwarves/lizardmen
9. Skaven/orcs
10.Dark elves/dark elves
11.Orcs/orcs
12.Ogres/skaven

This is the way i see a league ending up but of course first battle could be 1vs2 so of course the outcome would be wrong. Anyway goodluck to one and all and enjoy the show.

Wow ok how good a prediction is that?
My top 3 are all in the semi's with the outsider force of orcs and skaven in there as well. Im chuffed at that, just need those orcs/skaven to come 4th and my prediction for top 3 rules. Hopefully it dosn't end the same as i predicted but we will see.
Well done Ben and Rich and all the other semi finalists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

andi with picking like that can you give us 6 lotto numbers please


just like the old hit parade this weeks top movers are ------etc
good luck to all in the semis may the best hoard army win

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
long live the thirteen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2009-09-07
Age : 41
Location : Torpoint

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Oh you must be talking about the zombie horde then mate!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:08 am

i meant the best hoard army which stays dead No No No No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 29
Location : in your ear telling you to burn stuff

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 pm

deffinetly not the semi's i was expecting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owen Farmer
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2009-09-06
Age : 38
Location : Bridport

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Just wanted to say good luck to Simon & Tom and Rich & Ben for tomorrow I hope its a good game just what the final needs. bounce

_________________
I must smite the unworthy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 309
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:59 pm

thanks we`ll try our best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
avatar

Posts : 206
Join date : 2009-09-13
Age : 29
Location : in your ear telling you to burn stuff

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm

don't forget the hat rich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10   

Back to top Go down
 
Fantasy Doubles Tournament 14/01/10
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Region Tournament!
» Orange Stronghold - Mordheim Tournament
» Black Library book review (Warhammer Fantasy)
» FANtasy DRIVE at NHMS
» Fantasy Basing Kit, Mordheim Cobblestone Mats -SOLD

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: