Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?

Go down 
+11
Martin Cooper
matt monk
Daniel richards
Ben Cushion
Jay Court
Andi Avery
Mike Culpan
Owen Farmer
Ed Breddy
richayson
Rob Farmer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 am

daemons are actually quite squishy when rolling averagely for thier ward saves.

skink priest on palaquin is fucking annoying.

skinks are the most annoying unit in the game

its funny when your opponent has 9 dispell dice and you only have 6 power dice but you still get spell through

rolling 1's for 1+ armour saves make me want to de-atomise things

mark of nurgle is awesome
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Its always a good idea to remember what scenario you are playing from the start to give you more time to achieve said scenario.
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Orc shamens like blowing themselves up.

Spear chukkas still fail to hit large targets yet snipe a wizard on a flying saucer on the other side of the board with ease.
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Dwarf warmachines rock!!
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:42 pm

steam tanks aren't immortal (silly herald of khorne with S7)

mortars are a good option against demons.

dwarf gun lines don't like cavelry armies

1+ armour saves might as well be 6+ when i'm rolling
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Skinks can kill anything i just like them more than saurus anyone else or is it just me
Quote :
LIZARDMEN ARE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 pm

dwarf warmachines are awesome!
stegadons dont like cannon balls
skermishers are a pain.
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:43 pm

matt monk wrote:

skermishers are a pain.

thats an understatement
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm

if your letting your stegadon get hit by a cannon then it deseves to die also skirmishers are usually good makes up for there lack of combat res
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 am

Well let's see:

A Treeman Ancient can beat 4 charging Dragon Ogres.

You can kill a Varghulf with the Hail of Doom Arrow.

6 charging Wild Riders can beat 5 Flesh Hounds in two rounds of combat.

A Doomwheel can zap 3 Treekin to death in one round of shooting.

A Wood Elf BSB can shoot himself.
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 am

Rob Farmer wrote:

A Wood Elf BSB can shoot himself.

this one needs some explaining. how did he manage that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 am

In order to take the Hail of Doom Arrow, a BSB needs a magical bow. Asyendi's Bane allows you to reroll failed hits (though not for the HoDA!) but at a price. If the reroll also misses you take a S3 hit.

My BSB took aim at a lone Tzeentch Herald and rolled a 1 to hit. The reroll came up 1 too. The S3 hit wounded and I failed my 6+ armour save, killing the BSB. Essentially, he shot himself dead.
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:56 am

Rob Farmer wrote:
In order to take the Hail of Doom Arrow, a BSB needs a magical bow. Asyendi's Bane allows you to reroll failed hits (though not for the HoDA!) but at a price. If the reroll also misses you take a S3 hit.

My BSB took aim at a lone Tzeentch Herald and rolled a 1 to hit. The reroll came up 1 too. The S3 hit wounded and I failed my 6+ armour save, killing the BSB. Essentially, he shot himself dead.

Razz lol! Razz lol! Razz lol! Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

the bow must of been made in taiwan from polystyrene, not good quality oak like the old days, see these pesky elves trying get cheaper stuff whats the world coming too.
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:42 pm

It's no good making your unit unbreakable if everyone's killed in combat.

Chaos sorcerers have the special rule "Immune to Wood Elves."

Dragon Ogres are pussies.
Back to top Go down
RobJones
Cross-Swords Member
RobJones

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Dark Elf sorceresses with Sacrificial Dagger will, without fail, roll [1][1] and then [1][1] on the first 2D6 Power of Darkness roll in any game and then get ripped into the nether. Her sacrificial unit will then always survive the blast to spite her further...

No matter how much you tool him up, a Black Guard champion cannot kill a chaos lord in a challenge... Even if you bribe your opponent with cookies. Sad

Vampire Lords are Squishy when at the point of a carefully aimed Warpsword of Khaine. Twisted Evil

It is perfectly acceptable to position your lone spellcaster within 24" of my bolt thrower it never hits anything else... honest.
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:00 am

Games involving Kholek are always bloodthirsty and fun affairs with bugger all left on the table afterwards. He's like an aid to the natural selection process. You survive him you'll evolve.

I really do believe chaos sorcerors are indeed wood elf (combat) proof. Not too hot facing down a billion arrows however.
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 am

ah choas sorcerers bah i shit them leadership 10 level 4 wiz on a mount needing a 6 to wound and pow one dead chaos wiz good old miscast chart tee hee lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: doomwheels   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Rich's Doomwheel should be wrapped in andrex and left in the cubicle
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm

andy white wrote:
Rich's Doomwheel should be wrapped in andrex and left in the cubicle

All the Skaven lists I saw at the GT final were running double Doomwheels. Nasty stuff.
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 am

last fing i learnt was DOOMWHEELS ROCK (if you can get them across the table
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 am

oh yeah and doomdivers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 am

richayson wrote:
oh yeah and doomdivers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day you will find a goblin wearing a pointy helmet wedged so far up your arse that you will need a dwarf tunneling team to get it out. Then you will be sorry for your insolence.
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:19 pm

not going to happen young mikey esp if ben is firing Very Happy
3 games 3 misfires by turn 2 boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:50 pm

What you fail to realize is that by misfiring I am also protecting your Skaven troops from an angry drugged up goblin hurtling towards them. While I can point it in the right direction, once it's released the goblin has a mind of its own and probably wouldn't care whether it hit its own team or not. lol!
It's all part of the tactics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?   What was the last thing you learned in fantasy? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was the last thing you learned in fantasy?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next