Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

40k League - any takers?

Go down 
+4
Chris King
James Tregale
Lee Stubbs
Jay Court
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Court
Jay Court

40k League - any takers? Empty
PostSubject: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Just putting an idea out there for a 40k league, so looking to see who would be interested.

Armies would be 2,000 points, not sure if it would be a fixed list or elements taken from a bigger list.

Points would be 3 for a win, 1 for a draw. Maybe a bonus point if you either table your opponent or score double the amount of kill points
in a annihilate mission, or winning a multiple objective game holding all the objectives.

Am, of course open to any comments/suggestions from anyone.

Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Do i really need to say anything? Razz
Back to top Go down
James Tregale
Cross-Swords Member
James Tregale

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:15 pm

The Emperors foes must be slain at any opportunity, I will take up this challenge. In His name, they will be denied.
Back to top Go down
Chris King
Cross-Swords Member
Chris King

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeah, I'd be interested...transport permitting Sad
Back to top Go down
http://admiraldrax.blogspot.com
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: League   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:18 pm

I'm in!

Sounds great.

Though please can we have flexible lists- otherwise we'll be forced to take exactly the same army again and again!

Andy
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeah, I think maybe a 2,500 point list & you can then pick your final list from that.

I was worried about 'tailoring' your list, but then everybody will be in the same boat.

Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Yea I'd be interested. Would it be like football where we have a season lol Like during the Summer months we all play 40K for the league and in the winter periods we relax and play casual games just to keep our eyes in? ^_~
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Lye
Cross-Swords Member
Anthony_Lye

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:09 am

Im in if im around sounds like a good idea to me!!

"The Jackal god shall turn brother against brother"
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah, it could be over a long period of time, coming back to it whenever. It wouldn't drag on forever though.
Back to top Go down
Ed Matson
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Matson

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:11 am

Count me in.
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Lye
Cross-Swords Member
Anthony_Lye

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:30 am

Awsome im in!!!
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks for all the interest guys.

Any suggestions on dates? Would like to make sure it starts with as many people as possible around at the same time, as I know there are some people who aren't around all the time.

Was thinking of doing it after P.A.W is out of the way, plus I know James Tregale has his campaign in the pipeline & don't want to clash with that as having a campaign & a league going on at the same time would be a bit much..
Back to top Go down
Chris King
Cross-Swords Member
Chris King

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Good thinking, Jay.

Personally, if it came to a clash, I'd choose the campaign over the league: it's more of a gamble, but I'm more of a narrative gamer than I am competitive, I think.

Hopefully I'll be able to start getting to the club again before too long... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Lye
Cross-Swords Member
Anthony_Lye

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 pm

as of next week im around till january then gone for 2 months if that helps at all
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:49 am

Trying to avoid a clash between the campaign & the league, maybe looking at March/April for the league, that way it gives people a bit of breathing space after P.A.W & also a chance to get anything new in their army (or even a new army) **cough - Dark Eldar**

Back to top Go down
Chris King
Cross-Swords Member
Chris King

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

Sounds good...
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:57 am

Any luck with the transport Chris? Always good to see you at the club.
Back to top Go down
Chris King
Cross-Swords Member
Chris King

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Jay Court wrote:
Any luck with the transport Chris? Always good to see you at the club.

Alas, no. Car's in the garage, but the chances are high that they'll have to take the car out the back and put a bullet in her.

I'm going spare for want of a game: having been without regular games for years I was really really starting to get into the fun of regular games!

Grrr...
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 pm

I know how it feels not getting a game, When I lived in London there wasn't the best selection of gaming clubs around & what clubs there were either rubbish or the few good ones you couldn't get a game. I used to spend loads of time & money to get to these clubs only to be disapointed!

Don't hesitate to either give me a shout as soon as you're available (you've got my number). We can either play that game we had to cancel or I can set you up with playing someone else anytime.

As always am here to help.

Hope to see you soon. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40k League - any takers?   40k League - any takers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k League - any takers?
Page 1 of 1