Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horus Heresy Series Black Library

Go down 
+2
Anthony Cross
James Griffiths
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James Griffiths
Cross-Swords Member
James Griffiths

Horus Heresy Series Black Library Empty
PostSubject: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Which is your favourite novel so far & conversely which deserves be taken outside & burnt?
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh you trouble maker!
well as you ask; Fulgrim is the best - Battle of the Abyss/Descent of Angels are the worst but are still better than some other stuff out there.

what about "tales of Heresy" what are the best and worst in this book?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cross-swords.co.uk
Dan Jolly
Dan Jolly

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey James

Mechanicum is the best for me mostly because of all the cool Emperor references. Battle for the Abyss i dont really like it just sems a bit tagged on. Desent of Angels has grown on me simply because i think it sets out to make the DA's story seem on the side lines and Lion El Johnson seem like a bit of a fool and it does this really well - Just a shame this makes it seem a bit rubbish. I love ToH not sure if i have a bad one in it but Last Church is my favorite - so obvious what is happening but so cool when it does!

Cant wait for "A Thousand Sons" and "Prospero Burns"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:27 pm

i am with you on Mechanicum! in fact i would say it is probably my favourite
you have to read Mechanicum followed by titanicus, i know that this is not part of the heresy; but the 30K to 40K jump withtthe same legions etc is awesome
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 pm

I enjoyed Fulgrim alot. I love the introduction of the noise Marines at the end and the mass orgy/slaughter in the auditorium...macabre!!

I've drifted off the series, 5 books in and all I wanted to see was the main battle between Horus and The Emp. This series will never end, we're promised the end but its never insight. Im kinda becoming sceptical and just see the series as a GW cash in....oops lol I'll leave. Just bought Salamander though which i'm excited about I know nothing about that chapter ^_^ dont hate me guys.....
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

i am reading salamander at the moment!
not bad so far, will wait untill you finish before yabbering about it
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

yea Im looking forward to starting it, im working through the little Space Hulk novel at the mo lol something simple and easy to flick though.
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Best: Fulgrim for the epic fights, Galaxy in Flames for the bit when Angron starts killing everybody,Legion for the two MASSIVE twists in it.

Worst: Descent of Angels - only purpose was to lead into Fallen Angels, otherwise absolutely nothing to do with the Heresy! & that's from a 15 year Dark Angel player!
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:38 am

Sorry gents,

It has to be Horus Rising, purely for the "I was there when the Emperor died....."

Worst Battle for the Abyss, what was it about really?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horus Heresy Series Black Library   Horus Heresy Series Black Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horus Heresy Series Black Library
Page 1 of 1