Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painters Block

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

Painters Block Empty
PostSubject: Painters Block   Painters Block I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 am

I just had a weird couple of hours. I actually sat down and painted. Whether it was the new Disturbed Cd that Morag gave me, or simply the horror of past painting fading to a dim memory. I dont know what it was but i was actually enjoying it. I know some of you may say 'yeah yeah bullshit!' but its true i promise. Needless to say, since i am making a post you can probably work out for yourselves that my painting splurge has ended. It also dawned on me that i stopped painting for the same reason last time. I have come to the realization that having a model i am working on fall on the floor and go 'Crack' gives me painters block! Its probably the best excuse to not paint i have ever come up with. Last time it was when my Avatar shattered into its million superfluous pieces which i had paintstaking glued on via its tiny contact points. The time before that, it was one of my orc bloodbowl players which i had converted crumbling apart. Before that it was a Slaaneshi lord on Deamonic steed (yes this goes way back, and dont ask about my tyranids...) snapping into a dozen bits which never would stick together again. I never realized it before but i guess it fits!

So ramble over, i was wondering if any of you have something which triggers a Painters Block? Be it a certain program that comes on TV (everyone knows that Ant stops painting when Strictly Come Dancing is on), or bad weather or whatever. Thoughts anyone?
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Lye
Cross-Swords Member
Anthony_Lye

Painters Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painters Block   Painters Block I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:28 pm

usually get the block after trying to get a certain effect and not quite achieving it then realizing ive bitten off more than i can chew so i stop have a cuppa then get distracted by either some thing trivial like a crap tv show or the not so trivial child shouting lol
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

Painters Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painters Block   Painters Block I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:39 pm

anything shiney that can distracts me....
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

Painters Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painters Block   Painters Block I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:40 am

Have to be in the mood to paint, but then playing anything loud seems to get me in the mood!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Painters Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painters Block   Painters Block I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painters Block
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: General Area :: General Chat-
Jump to: