Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Looking for information

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

Hello Looking for information Empty
PostSubject: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:29 am

Hello all i have just moved into the plymouth area and im looking for a club to game at. i play fantasy only really skaven also have my little brother in law that want to come with me he plays orc and goblins just getting some information right now. what do i need to do if i wanna come down ?
some one told me that the first game day is free?
how much it it after the first time?
do you charge for young people ?
Also Do all models need to be painting to play with ?

thanks for the help speak soon.
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:37 am

Hi Daniel

Welcome to Cross-Swords the premier gaming club of the south west Very Happy . Cross-swords is a great club to play at with both really great gaming tables and scenery. We have a strong core of fantasy players ranging from new players just getting into fantasy, right up to guys who go around the country playing in tournaments.

To answer your questions:-

1) Just come in and see us we meet on Monday and Thursdays nights 6:30 - 10:30. As you and your brother in-law both play fantasy Thursday is gonna be the better of the two as that's when the vast majority of fantasy players turn up.

2) Your first session is free, after that its £3 per session or £10 for 4 sessions.

3) Yes

4) Nope

I look forward to meeting you and your brother in-law at the club. Any other questions just ask.

Owen

Last edited by Owen Farmer on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:48 am

Okcool ill try and get sorted for a Thursday night thanks for the info sorry it was in the wrong thread lol

1 last thing if we need dice tape measures templates do you supply or do we have to buy ?
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:17 am

The club does have a supply of dice, tape measures and templates. However I would recommend that you get your own as these go very quickly on the night. Ebay is your best bet on dice you can loads for only a couple of quid. A few questions for you if you don't mind

1) When do you think you'll have a chance to pop down and see us?
2) How long have you been playing fantasy?
3) Have you payed in any tournaments?

Cheers

Owen
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 am

Me I have been playing fantasy since I was 12 but I'm abit slow on the rules as I am just getting back into it after a year and a half out (due to my new baby) Matt my brother in law is on I think his 3rd game ever. I'm thinking next Thursday but I will need dice as cash flow is not great right now due to said baby lol so it means I can't buy dice right now but will get some soon.
Never played in a tourny only a league at my previous local club (I came 3rd with my old orc and goblins army).
What I was after is somewhere matty can learn the rules from some one that 100% knows them and for me to brush up and have some great games.
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:03 am

I've got spare dice you could borrow until you get your own although they don't seem to be that lucky Laughing What was your club?
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:20 am

Well we just moved from cambridgesire it was a club up there called primarchs.
About the dice that would be fantastic if you don't mind also I play skaven is luck ever on my side lol.

Where about in Plymouth are you ?

One more thing do you guys allow subing eg using night goblins as stormvermin?
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm from Plymstock, how about you?

Subbing units is fine as long as it is made clear what they are at the start of the game.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm from derriford all I was thinking maybe we could work out a way of lift shearing ?
Back to top Go down
Chrishorsley
Cross-Swords Member
Chrishorsley

Location : Too close to the water. Damn those seagulls keeping me up.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Daniel you still looking for a lift? I can give you one as it is not far from me.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:25 pm

I will be if that's ok but I'm not able to go to the club just just yet as trying to sort out my new job and money but if you don't mind ill let you know when I need a lift but it will be fantastic if you can. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chrishorsley
Cross-Swords Member
Chrishorsley

Location : Too close to the water. Damn those seagulls keeping me up.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 4:26 am

just give us a message when you need a lift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Looking for information   Hello Looking for information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Looking for information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: General Area :: General Chat-
Jump to: