Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GW Vs Chapterhouse studios

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

GW Vs Chapterhouse studios Empty
PostSubject: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 pm

i have just read a report that chapterhouse studios are finally taking gw to court to sort out the dispute about companys making models that represent something from gw range. this is a massive case and is going straight to the high court so what do you guys think of this.
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 pm

well it might blow open the range of models we see, and maybe the price of the models might come down a smidge..
I wouldnt mind seeing another company make the same/similar models as GW.
It would add alot of variety to armies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

oh right well if they have been making similar models they might be in a bit of trouble but like aaron said it would be nice to see some variety in armies
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:06 pm

from what i here gw should be worried as chapterhouse have a good case. thing is gw have been forcing small companys to shut down by thretening legal action for years and chapterhouse are the first people to fight back, by the sounds of it chapterhouse could win and if they do that will open the way for small companies to get lisences from gw to produce stuff for them, meaning we may not have to wait as long for new releases as gw will have less work on there plate.

all together i dunno why gw are fighting in the first place they should just join with chapterhouse and get on with it

hope this makes sense
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 pm

yh that makes sense but what models have GW copied ?
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:18 pm

no models have been copied chapterhouse do stuff like shoulder pads vehicle upgrades and models for units that dont have a model yet like thunderwolfs they do a few things that have models already but they are for stuff that gw cant copywrite like giants, dragons, dwarfs, elves etc
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 pm

yh ive just had a look they really havent got much ground to stand on as they have called there stuff the same names as GW copy righted products and names so they may get in trouble big time
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:31 pm

yeah there is that but if gw did these bits other companys wouldnt have to
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm

yh thats true but still its rocky ground and i hate gw policy of no non GW models to be used in store i have loads of stuff i cant use but atleast i can now at cross-swords so i can actually convert my honour guard squads using roman shields
Back to top Go down
Joshua Bullock
Cross-Swords Member
Joshua Bullock

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Its amazing how things can be seen so different by different people. Firstly GW took CH to court, as their breaching their IP. Secondly CH had it coming; they produce shoddy items (and the quality is awful if we're being honest) and using the GW world and IP to promote their own products, and making money out of it, which is simply illegal.

I can think of at least 5 other companies which produce models for their own ranges which are coincidently really useful when converting GW stuff to, the non-primarchs are a great example of this.

Also the main reason GW takes these companies to court is because a) they lose money (like people buying "big wolf" models instead of 5 Canis wolfborns for their thunderwolves) and b) because companies which can't make decent products, such as CH, bring GW products, which these are being used on, into shame; not good advertisement for the company.

Its very easy to see GW as a big evil entity but at the end of the day they're a business who need to make money and you can't simply do something illegal just because you want to make a quick buck, or if you do you have to pay the consequences/

That ended up being more of a rant than i wanted, god i love my law degree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:10 pm

im with josh on this one as there are alot of companies who use GW trademarked products and names and think they can just get away with it and end up getting sued so it was bound to happen sooner or later to that company as they didtn even bother changing the names of there product they called there products the same names as GW like the flesh tearers and space wolves and salamanders for example
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW Vs Chapterhouse studios   GW Vs Chapterhouse studios I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW Vs Chapterhouse studios
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: General Area :: General Chat-
Jump to: