Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Cup Tournament - It's over!

Go down 
+17
andy white
Ed Matson
max ayson
Chrishorsley
ogre jon
Rob Harvey
michael tetley
Jeremy Grimoldby
James Tregale
richayson
Daniel richards
Swabs
Dave Jakowyszyn
matt monk
Andi Avery
Lee Stubbs
Rob Farmer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:09 pm

i will back mike to win.
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Daniel richards wrote:
its not going to happen

Not while Guy "the Celebrity" Ringham is still on board.

Guy ftw.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm

jeremy is going to take guy he is a giant killer and i wasnt going to say it but i think personally whoever wins out of me and andy will win it
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 am

U mean a 1/3 chance and the matchups play an important role Aswell as builds
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 am

No disrespect to Mike, and i would like the kudos of losing to the eventual winner, but i think its between Kev and Andi. Purely because of their Knowledge in how to deal with their opponents, and not just their competence with their own.

still its been another good tournament with lots of new players, whats the next event? and how do i get a bye to the final
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:52 am

So why am I a giant killer Very Happy ??
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:17 am

ive been told so thats why as you always beat rob and are a big name killer when it comes to tournaments lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Daniel richards wrote:
ive been told so thats why as you always beat rob and are a big name killer when it comes to tournaments lol!

Hmmm. Pretty sure I beat Jez in our group game.
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:52 am

Only an idiot brings wood elves to a tournament it doesn't take a giant killer it takes some pesticide
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 am

well Rob is only three letters and Jeremy (or was it Jerry) is a big name killer so Dave Jakothingymabob better watch out
Back to top Go down
Lawrence Duncalf
Cross-Swords Member
Lawrence Duncalf

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:03 pm

I don't know, Dave has beefed up his army since he left the tournament (his goblins are on so many steroid mushrooms, they look like black orcs!)...
Back to top Go down
http://dr-shiny.deviantart.com
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:23 am

Big thanks to Guy for playing a really excellent game and being a good sport despite the dice being against him.
Lawrence you new avatar is awesome or should I say 'EXCELLENT' *Clenches fist* Razz
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 am

Jeremy Grimoldby wrote:
So why am I a giant killer Very Happy ??

You have just knocked out probably the BIGGEST celebrity in warhammer history! Thats why!!!
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:36 am

NNNNNNNNnnnnnnnoooooooooo, so it's the end of the tournament for the warhammer celebrity Sad
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:01 pm

So when is everyone else from the quarter finals playing. Keen to see who Im up against next!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:57 am

well im having my game against andi thursday has anyone else played there games how did mike do in his game ?
Back to top Go down
Ed Matson
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Matson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 am

Dan, what is the point of any of us playing a game as, according to you, the winner of your game is going to be the winner of the tournament......
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:14 pm

So Andi, Jez and Kev are all through to the semis. Can anyone confirm if Rich and Ed have played yet?
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:47 pm

no we haven`t but had a close game with giant killer jez this week and just flucked a win
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:15 am

thanks for a great game ed!!!!!
i can truely say the best man won ,iwas out deployed,out magiced,out manouvered and out gunned,still a truely epic battle which seemed in the balance until all my goodies were singled out by the pesky magic phase!!!!!!!!!
skaven hero`s have to be the 6 gutter runners,after 3 were killed by the treacherous warp lightning crew after they charged the skull catapult,in the combat wiped out the catty ,overrun into the second catty ,that then crumbled after combat,next turn charged the hierophant and killed him then spent the rest of the game hiding behind the hill in true skaven fashion.shame about the flee from the first sign of danger warlord
again thanks for a great game and good luck in the next round!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:43 am

Here's the Semi Final line-up to the World Cup tournament, more accurately described as the Neverending Story:

1) Kev "PAW Assassin" Shillito vs Ed "Imhotep" Matson
2) Andi "Big Show" Avery vs Jeremy "Giant Killer" Grimoldby

Four men enter, only two may leave.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:14 am

Message to Andi-In case you didnt get my pm yesterday, I'll be at club tonight if you want to play!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:30 am

hmm

I pm'd you back, i also will be at the club tonight so bring it on
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Well I'm out, and shocked I got as far as I did! Big thanks to Andi for a really good game. A very good list and played brilliantly as usual Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:56 am

Hey Jez

Cheers for the game last night it was bloody and good fun. Things were on a knife edge until you lost your only wizard, then things started to swing my way with the magical dominance starting to count. Up to that point it could have gone either way. A thoroughly enjoyable game and hard fought, congrats on getting to the semi's mate, even if you were bein modest about actually being there. You deserved your place from what i saw of your list and playstyle last night. Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Cup Tournament - It's over!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next