Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The end of an era...

Go down 
+9
Andi Avery
Scragg
Anthony Cross
andybright
Mike Culpan
andy white
Owen Farmer
Jay Court
Rob Farmer
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

The end of an era... Empty
PostSubject: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Soon we shall be leaving the caverns of the Westward Inn for our new home at the Giant's Lair. I think it would be great to remember some of the many great moments there have been at the club's old venue.

1) Dan Jolly running from room to room shouting in celebration at finally killing my treeman.
2) The Legendary battles on a Saturday afternoon with 20,000 pts on the table.
3) Beating Mike's beastmen turn one by shooting a unit to death which panicked his bray-horn wielding general and his unit off the table, meaning the troops in ambush couldn't arrive.
4) Inviting Ryga's Roughnecks for a club tournament and smashing 'em.

What memories will you take with you?
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Putting a cannonball through the back of Rob's Treeman.....TIMBER!!!!!

Having a Apocalypse game where we had 64,000 points in the room!

Blood Angels Terminator Assault squad getting hit by over 90 attacks by a Ork mob & winning the combat!

Too many cool things to mention!

Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:04 pm

1) Killing both of Ben Cushions two Stegadons with 1 cannon ball (in the day of guess range)
2) Making Orlando quit Fantasy Razz
3) Playing Guy Ringham
4) Smashing up Woodies
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: end of an era   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:01 am

heres mine

fielding the smallest army possible archaon, 5 knights, 2 chariots, hellcanon, level2 + warriors

our doubles tournament with my chaos dwarfs failing my break test after losin the combat by one (ld10 with a re roll) roll to see how far i flee (dwarf's -1 to movement) yup double 1

losing to nurgle dave and him taunting me

the help + support from you lot with variuos projects

and you guys Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:40 am

1) Never winning a game Very Happy
2) Always winning the Morale Victories!
3) Paining the Farmers ears with the one true music of Metal.
4) Sorry, who are you all again?
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:42 am

Jay Court wrote:
Putting a cannonball through the back of Rob's Treeman.....TIMBER!!!!!

I remember. HE WAS RETREATING DAMMIT! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 pm

There's no honour in running away Rob! It should've stood it's ground & fought like a man (or tree!) Cool
Back to top Go down
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: Memories   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:33 pm

The memory I'll be happy to leave behind is making 8 regular saves on my uber terminator squad and rolling 5 fails.

Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:24 pm

You should be proud, it takes years of practice to be able to roll dice that rubbish!

The first two were a shock, by the time the 5th '1' hit the table it was just funny!

Back to top Go down
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:58 pm

I still won the round of combat even though the unit was almost wiped out!

Should I remind you of the fabled whirlwind shot vs 1 squillion orks

or perhaps you'd prefer to remember the legendary deep strike of the bloodcrushers that nigh on wiped out 35 marines and 10 zerkers
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: D Day!   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 am

We are off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday 29th September: last night at the Westward Inn
Monday 3rd October: 1st night at the lair (Rock on!)

It is the end of an era, but the start of something massive
This is the moment we have all been waiting for; a home for cross-swords!!!!!!
We will only be limited by our imaginations in a place where we can really grow in all aspects of our club & hobby
We can all look back with pride at our time leading up to this point; it does not seem that long ago that we were making our first tentative steps at the pub as our first proper venue after the school. Some of you will remember the days when there were 5 members a week turning up (scary times for me)
I feel very proud of what we have all achieved and i am looking forward to the next phase at the Lair
I understand that there might be some uncertainty as we make this move, but rest assured we are all in good hands
The cross-swords structure will not change!! our roles as committee members and members is even more important than before
I will be working a lot harder with the running of the club, especially now that i do not need to worry about retail.............

In the next week we will be confirming routes to the lair etc

please shout or PM me if you have any questions

Stand by for some great times.................................................

Ant
Back to top Go down
http://www.cross-swords.co.uk
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 am

drop kinking a goblin in the Jaw and killing it in one go (AD&D)

Dropping both Mikes orca transports in the most fluky but disastrous turn of Epic
Back to top Go down
Scragg
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 am

being generally mortified for over a year, and holding a massive grudge at mike after a character death in cthulhu.

finally playing (and winning) a game of 40k at club after like 3 years of going club.

killing oli god knows how many times when playing a ranger in D&D. The dice gods hate me, and him even more.

oh so much bar maid perving.
Back to top Go down
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Will there be bar maids at the Giant's Lair?
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:41 am

Im sure we can stick a pinny on jay or myself, so much better!
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:52 am

I saw the french maids outfit at the lair when I came for my visit
(it was in Avery's size................)
Back to top Go down
Nickie Kupakanjana
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:21 am

I will take with me the only memory I ever had at the old venue! Epic 3k points 2v1 battle orks and nids vs Jay's blood angels.

My 2 battlewagons smashing apart a deepstriking Land Raider with its deff rollas! Ork boyz consciously moved out of the way and still get caught by the explosion! bounce

Cant wait for the new venue!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 am

theres been too manygood memories to recall them all but here are a few

turning robs treeman into a clanrat during the first try with the dreaded 13th

actually getting some rules right

remembering to ring the bell once

forgeting to bring the hellpit back from the dead for about 3 months

the fantasy doubles torney ,teaming up with ben cushion and the 2 games with kev and andy epic fun

these are but a few but over a ll the friendly competitive gaming which makes us come back week after week!!!!

Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:57 am

my best memories......

1) Playing epic for the first time vs Ant,
at 7.5k pts eldar vs nids, Ant over excited at the pts size, until he looked over and my nids went from one side of the table to the other, and then move almost halfway across the table in my first turn, and ant saying i'll be back, as he went for a drink as it was taking so long to move everything.

2 Playing deric's vampires with my deamons and in turn 4 winning a multi combat with zombies and skeles vs crushers and flesh hounds at 32-0 and seeing both undead units disapear.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:11 am

Ha ha ha lee!!!!!!!!
I remember those Battle's......
I swear we should have used a whole gaming board as a movement tray to move your nids around
We have got to get some games in once we have moved to the Lair
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Nickie Kupakanjana wrote:
I will take with me the only memory I ever had at the old venue! Epic 3k points 2v1 battle orks and nids vs Jay's blood angels.

My 2 battlewagons smashing apart a deepstriking Land Raider with its deff rollas! Ork boyz consciously moved out of the way and still get caught by the explosion! bounce

Cant wait for the new venue!!!!!!

Then there was Astorath tearing the Trygon apart!

And the Terminators refusing to die for most of the game... Twisted Evil

One of the best memories was an Apocalypse game where my Shadowsword destroyed Mike's Stompa in one shot by rolling 2 sixes followed by 2 fives to total the Stompa! Volcano Cannon FTW!

TO THIS DAY MY BEST SHOT EVER!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 pm

hhmmm

1) meeting some crazy people and starting out again (trying to learn off Andi and Owen, failing miserably).
2) playing epic again, i thought it was long gone!
3) losing to everyone bar ben cushion and Tyrant Swabs in fantasy i think iv won 2 out of 100
4) getting through the group stages of the world cup tourny

out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of an era...   The end of an era... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The end of an era...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: General Area :: General Chat-
Jump to: