Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

wet blending

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:05 pm

hey guys

im pulling my hair out as to how to achieve a decent wet blend..i was wondering if there is anyone out there that considers themselves a ninja at this and could explain how to do it?

As far as i know u have to wet paints on the model and whilst they are wet begin to blend them to create a good blend between the colours so the transition from colour to colour is smooth.

I find though that when im dragging the colours together they just seem to make the entire area that colour and carnt seem to get a smooth transition.

Iv searched the internet and youtube, maybe im just a dummy Smile in which case i need a dummies guide to wet blending Razz
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: Re: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Base all in the darkest colour then build up drybrusing about with the lighter colour at the transitions ensuring u don mark the zones to thickly. After you have transitioned up u can Then ink it with the various colours which will enhance the effects of the blending it is how I achieved my etheral look of that is of help to u
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: Re: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:14 pm

thanks Martin but i think im more confused now Smile id usually start with the mid tone for the base and in theory wet blend the shade and then wet blend the highlights last..i used to dry bursh for highlights but im trying blending but what iv read on the net is confusing, maybe its just practice
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: Re: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:57 am

Ok, wet blending. Now i dont claim to be an expert at this but here it goes.

What you need to do is paint as if you are layering, but make your paint fairly watered down. Then whilst the paint is still wet, with a damp (not wet) brush you want to blur the edge of your layer so that it doesnt leave a hard edge, and gives the desired effect of blending!
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: Re: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

legend!! dude, what a tip..seriously..iv been using a wet brush! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: Re: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm

No worries dude. You only want to spread out the paint at the edge, using a damp brush you make sure as little is absorbed by the brush. But by using a wet brush you would dilute at the same time as spreading, making the point which you put your brush to, immeidiately thinner than the paint next to it, and your blending is going to be ruined before you even begin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wet blending Empty
PostSubject: Re: wet blending   wet blending I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wet blending
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: General Area :: Brush and Pallete-
Jump to: