Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions Empty
PostSubject: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 pm

ive been away from cross-swords for a very long time and have finally decided to come back after not geting a decent enough time to get games in at my current place of gaming and just wondered how everyone was finding warhammer 8th edition

also
what are the maximum point games you can have at cross-swords

and are there any events coming up soon ?

plus i need people to help me and my doubles partner jon practice for warhammer worlds southwest tournement in february the rules are the same as in the rulebook army list wise 1000 point no restrictions on named characters aslong as there in your army book

hope to hear a answer soon thanks i know the 3rd question should really be in the booking game section but thought this would save time if wrote it all in the same place sorry if this is a pain
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:16 am

i`ve not got a game thurs and would like to try out a couple of different 1000 pt army list 4 paw so if you like there should be enough time for a couple of 1000 pts games
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:21 pm

well i am supposed to be playing guy and mike on thursday but a 2000 point game should finish quite quickly you will have to get yourself a partner as each team member has 1000 points each so your ok you just need to find someone with a 1000 points to play with if we cant geta game in this thursday do you want to play next week instead as i dont know how long a game would take but ill mesage guy and find out if he is still playing us and get back to you we may still need a opponent
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:10 am

There is no theoretical limit to the number of points you can fit into each game. Mostly it depends on how much you and your opponent can field and whether you can fit it into one evening. 2000-3000pts is typical at Cross Swords.

Events-wise, the club is preparing for PAW so a lot of players are thinking about their lists for the tournament or helping with the Legendary Battle demo game. Also in February is the Swiss Cheese team tournament in Mansfield, which is the focus for some of our tournament players.

Owen and I are really pleased to see the number of Fantasy players increasing after a bit of a dry patch, so we probably have enough for another club-based tournament or league, starting in March.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:22 am

thank you for the the reply lots of info that will be helpful
if anyone who is going to PAW im sure i can give them some practice games as i was able to play max last week aswell as a practice game for my tournament ive only used that list twice so it s a fairly new list and its ok for PAW practice as it doesnt have any named characters in it so if my doubles practice games end quickly hoping to get them done in a hour as thats the time limit at GW HQ i think anyway so i could have a few games to help cross-swords members going to PAW get practice against a horde lizardmen army

And i would be very interested in a warhammer tournament or league as i dont really get to play many people at cross-swords so it will give me new people to play against with my lizardmen i only get to play ogres and chaos at GW and its getting a little bit boring as i already know there lists and tactics so it just comes down to dice if i win or not

also i never change my list as i believe ill never get better if i abbandon a list as sooon as it gets destroyed so i always have the same list and they know what im taking and wont play me anymore or take a list designed to destroy mine as its very hard to beat
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

just got a message back from guy he says our game is still on but im sure we will still have time for a game after if you want ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions   ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ive been away from cross-swords for a long time and had a few questions
Page 1 of 1