Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did everyone get on at PAW

Go down 
+7
michael tetley
richayson
andy white
James Tregale
Rob Farmer
Lee Stubbs
Daniel richards
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

How did everyone get on at PAW Empty
PostSubject: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:34 am

how did you all do and was it any good ?
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Dan, I took part in 40K and came 8th with an almost all infintry blood angel army.

All but my last game where good fun, but then when you have to beat 9 killer cans and a death dread it isn't.

As a team we came scattered across the baord highest at 8th and lowest at 25th out of 32

The points system this year was weird, where someone who won their game had the same points or less than those who drew theirs!

All in all not a bad tournament.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:04 am

good to hear you had fun and cross-swords did well
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:02 pm

In the Fantasy tournament our highest finishers were Andi Avery, who came second and Guy Ringham, who came fourth. Well done to them and to all the Cross Swords boys who seemed in good humour despite some tough games.

Well done to Lee and the 40Kers too.

Ultimately, the biggest congrats have to go to Andy White for the astonishing fortress. It attracted many compliments, generated a huge amount of interest and was probably the second best display in the hall. Suspect
Back to top Go down
James Tregale
Cross-Swords Member
James Tregale

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:06 pm

As fantastic as it was was, the ever so wise judges decided that Hitler being attacked by toy dinosaurs was much more impressive - clearly I cannot understand such masterful work.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 pm

brilliant sounds like was a close tournament ???????? what hitler being attacked by a toy dinosaur you will need to explain that to me im a bit confused as to how thats better than the display cross-swords had ive senthe pictures it looked amazing i wish id have seen it myself

Last edited by Daniel richards on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Hitler vs Dinosaurs won best participation game, which seems fair enough as they had a really good vibe and loads of participants. My son loved it. And my wife.

Best demonstration game went to a WW2 themed game, I think. I'm sure it was great but I don't see how it was better than the uber-castle of awesome.
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: paw   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:22 pm

managed to lose a game before having a turn , throwing away over 1400 points on 1 dice roll, but still i think it was Matt Monk who should have left the event with some recognition but then i may have failed to recognise black tape at the time !!!!

all in all cross swords more than contributed to paw again, i'm sure someone mentioned free bar on thurs
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 pm

managed to lose all but one game ,but had good fun and learnt alot bring on the next one
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 pm

andy white wrote:
managed to lose a game before having a turn , throwing away over 1400 points on 1 dice roll, but still i think it was Matt Monk who should have left the event with some recognition but then i may have failed to recognise black tape at the time !!!!

all in all cross swords more than contributed to paw again, i'm sure someone mentioned free bar on thurs

What's the Matt Monk story?

Free bar? I heard Ant say he was going to shout us all a bag of pork scratchings.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 pm

sounds like a good story what happened to matt
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 am

lol well seeing as last year i came like 24th out of 30 people.

I think 11th wasnt too bad Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:06 am

thats not bad Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:57 am

Hey richayson is there any chance that you can post up the list you used. And maybe some advice on what worked well and what didn't thanks richayson.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 am

if its the list i played last thursday it a very good mix of shooting and magic
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 am

ill bring it along on thurs No
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 am

Sorry I won't be there on thursday.
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 am

His list had some rats in them! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dave Jakowyszyn
Cross-Swords Member
Dave Jakowyszyn

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm

It was my first time at a tournament and I had a great time, all my games were against Cross Swords members and all were gents. I only won one game, which was a bit of a fluke, but that's a story for another time...

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.ayearoffrugalgaming.com/
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 pm

sounds like everyone had a good day and the cross-swords seige game looked amazing
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: yo dave   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 am

Yo Dave Jakthingymygig, Welcome and glad you enjoyed the cross swords "experience" , Rob and Owen are organising a mini tournament and without wishing to sound full on why not join in? it will act as a bit of an icebreaker in arranging some games for you and from there you can suss out whos who, and who to approach for a game, go on sign up.

allthough i shall probabably call you "Jako" we already have a Dave and he doesn't win in the first turn!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:29 am

Good post Mr White

Although the "mini" tournament is not so "mini" anymore and the numbers are almost above and beyond what there were at PAW

So Kudos to the club and its bountiful harvest of fantasy players.

Even swabs has been dragged away from the "machine" by the enticing pull of a walloping great lump of a unit of minotaurs. Although he has no idea about the reason nobody takes them at tourneys due to their massive flaw!!

Im tempted to take the stunties as then there will be every race covered........ but wait im also the only goblin player as well so that wont work, although if Jakko, joins in hmmmmm.....

Come on jakko
Back to top Go down
Dave Jakowyszyn
Cross-Swords Member
Dave Jakowyszyn

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 am

Thanks Guys, I'll be signing up for the 'World Cup' as well, as soon as I've finished here. Mr Avery, I can confirm that I will be taking the Gobbos, so please feel free to bring your Dwarfs, anything to prevent me from facing that mass of archers again. No

Back to top Go down
http://www.ayearoffrugalgaming.com/
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 am

oooo you havn't seen anything yet, just toying with the idea of 200 of the lil gits for 600pts 6 ranks of 30. Boom!!!!!!!! need to kill 50 for a panic test!!!
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 am

well i did alright, only 17th, but that looks a lot better when placed next to dad's 19th Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone get on at PAW   How did everyone get on at PAW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did everyone get on at PAW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: