Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!

Go down 
+3
Daniel richards
Aaron Dix
matt monk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! Empty
PostSubject: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 am

Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:20 am

the dreadnaught is sweet!
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 am

it is a 4 wound monsterous creature with 2+/4+ sv and has the ability to nullify demonic gifts!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 pm

jays khorne deamons must be quaking in there little red booties and its called the dreadknight it looks awesome Very Happy the emperors finest have arrived to purge the deamons and bring order to the chaos that is the universe
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

yes but at £20.5 for a uint of 5 PLASTIC grey knights, i can't see many people starting them, gw greed all over again.
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 am

hands down some of the most creative Marine miniatures ive seen in a long while. the Dreadknight, looks great and I love the ol skool helmet designs, like early marines..mk2 or summit?

Lee: I agree GW p**s me off so much with their over the top pricing, its a shame such a great hobby is run by such a bunch of money grabbing co-operate whores lol.....not that that sort of thing bothers me!! ^_~
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:28 pm

£20.50!!! for 5 PLASTIC minis! holy smokes that is taking the you know what.
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm

gw are taking the mick they have put both the arco-flagelents and inqisitor lord karamazov in grey knights book even tho aco-flagelents are a witch hunter invention and karamazov is one of the top witch hunter inquisitors!

i have heard some rumours about witch hunters being dropped from the range if this is the case i will be sending a very nasty letter to gw!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 pm

im sensing alot of anger i agree plastic models shouldnt be that expensive but luckily they give you lots of stuff in the box or id also be pissed and as for getting rid of witch hunters what the hell that sucks if its true

Last edited by Daniel richards on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:02 pm

matt ward has gone ott with this codex and rumour is he is doing necron one too!
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 pm

ott in the way that they are now nails?? My bro will be happy about the Necrons lol Ive not read the codex yet...if it follows the pattern Im guessing this codex makes them insanely hard?? balanced codexs? scoff lol
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:32 pm

ott as in EVERY model has force weapon and even the vehicles have psychic powers. if they cause a wound on a deamon it must pass a leadership test or die so normal grey knight walks up to bloodthirster does one wound, bloodthirster fails leadership test and dies how is that fair.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:01 pm

thats what grey knight do in the fluff that to me is fair atleast they can spank deamons now like they are supposed too
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:52 am

thing is they can spank everyone else too obviously the are beatable but with weapons like the nemesis deamon hammer (thunder hammer that strikes in int order and counts as force weapon) they will be very hard to beat!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm

every army has a beardy ability or wargear or characters but they always even thing out by making you pay through he nose for the ability ie deep striking landraiders fast demolishers descent of angels marneus calgar has 3 honour guard squad slots the doom for tyranids orks can take a character who power claws strike in initiative order eldar can take prince yriel so on and so and many beardy beardy beardy examples later so i can see grey knights being very expensive a small but hard hitting strike force like they should be and i believe they only get most of there abilities against deamons well thats what i was told anyway plus i like the fact that there more elitist as its like the fluff and i love that GW have stuck to grey knight story and made them all hard as hell they should be something more than just a spacemarine for they are the emperors finest where they tread they illumiate the darkness with the emperors holy light bringing his vengeance to the coldness of space
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 pm

theyre so expensive points wise as well as cash which means you dont have to kill many for it to make a big difference!! take out a squad and the table starts to look pretty empty i'd imagine?
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:06 pm

thats why they changed smoethings around so there units have 2 wounds and they probably get other abilities too
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 am

they not that expensive tho thats the thing that dredknight is only about 135pts they more pts than marines but not much more. i have looked at the codex and it is the most cheesey codex i have seen but it is beatable, it just going to be one of those armies that really make you think about how you are going to play against them. should make for some interesting games.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:18 pm

im happy they have been made really hard against deamons its what a grey knight army should do to deamons not get done over every game now its more 60/40 in greyknights favour
Back to top Go down
Lawrence Duncalf
Cross-Swords Member
Lawrence Duncalf

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 pm

The Grey Knights are somewhat intimidating. I wish they'd show Xenos armies this much love.

Mind you, from a Tau perspective, a lot of their useful stuff is overkill. Force weapons on every model? Like you were in danger of losing combat to begin with...

The counterpoint being the concerned rabble-rousing over on the Advanced Tau Tactica forum. They're all a bit concerned about bits of the army being able to assault in the first turn (thanks to Scouts followed by teleporting shenanigans). If they get the first turn, that means they can blow a Tau army half to smithereens before it ever fires a shot.

Perhaps the pricing is a weird counter-intuitive psychological tool by GW? All the Space Marine armies are getting increasingly powerful, but so expensive it encourages us stingy people into the arms of the waiting Xenos races, and then when there are enough alien armies to warrant it they'll spend some time making them competitive. Otherwise they may as well change the game's tagline to "In the grim darkness of the far future there are only trillions upon trillions of Space Marines mooching around the galaxy looking for someone to fight, but there isn't anyone because there are only space marine players and they're all on the same side, so why are you even playing?"

The Dreadknight is very pretty...
Back to top Go down
http://dr-shiny.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!   GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREY KNIGHTS ARE HERE!
Page 1 of 1