Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Privateer Press Events in the South West

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

Privateer Press Events in the South West Empty
PostSubject: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:54 am

Hi all,
As a PP Press Ganger for the South West I have set up a couple of pages on facebook for pulling the entire community together and to advertise events and such.
They are here
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=145560918802512#!/group.php?gid=145560918802512&v=wall
and here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warmachine-and-Hordes-South-West/150729081605142?created#!/pages/Warmachine-and-Hordes-South-West/150729081605142?v=wall

I will be using these to advertise any events I am part of for Warmachine, Hordes and Monsterpocalypse.
And I hope others will post thier events aswell.
Should be helpful to get info to lots of players from all the different stores and clubs.

On a similar note,
What sort of events would you like to see in the future?
When and where would you like them to be?
Any other thoughts?

Thanks all

Ian

PG hendybadger
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:24 pm

I dont mind what type of events are run but i would like to see awards and prizes spread across the players so that there is more than finishing 1st at events.

ie: as well as best painted army all players who turn up fully painted and based get put into a draw for a prize.
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Nice idea Tom. Maybe call it the 'finer things in life' prize (because we all know a fully painted force is one of the best thing to see on a table)
And have a voucher or model for the winner
I have recently been using Faction patches as small prizes for scenery in the leagues. Would something like that be good?
There is the return of Faction coins soon aswell. 1 for each of the best player for each army. Excluding the overall winner maybe?
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:52 am

Yeah, good idea Kommandant, gives us mortals a chance of winning something with our painted mini`s Razz

Primus Swabs
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Taking all ideas into account I am planning a tourney in October with several prizes.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, Sportsmanship
Best painted army
Random draw from all painted armies
Best painted mini dontaed to the charity auction
Most promising General
Best conversion

And there will be more!

Think of anything else?
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 pm

how about an award for fastest caster kill of the event would be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Sounds like a good one.
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Wrassler title....most successful power attacks.

El Tyranto Swabolus
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Might be hard to judge that one.
What if it was the first person to do all power attacks in one game?
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:05 pm

That is quite difficult, I think if you just write down how many successful power attacks and get it verified by opponent it shouldn`t be too bad.

But....meh! whatever...just chucking ideas out there Smile

How about Sniper title.....killing a Warnoun with one attack, going from full health to dead in one hit, opponent has to shout ...HEADSHOT if they do it. Smile

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 am

how many hats stryker can get in one tournement? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:48 am

I like it Swabs. Will take perfect planning to pull off on a heavy

Hats?
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 am

FU Aaron FU Razz
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 pm

its just a thing i said, from the last tournement epic stryker one shotting a caster then takes his head and wears it as a hat Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Privateer Press Events in the South West   Privateer Press Events in the South West I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Privateer Press Events in the South West
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: