HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JamesLye

PostSubject: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:06 am

The 40K rule book does not state if units travelling in an open topped transport can shoot if it moves at cruising speed? It states a unit can disembark and assualt regardless of the vehicles movement but not if the unit can shoot? Should I assume the normal vehicle rules of firing defensive weapons and 1 main at combat speed and nothing at cruising or can the vehicle move at cruising speed and still allow the passengers their full firing capacity?

...not sure??

I ask as Im considering using a Trukk for my Tankbustas and have that crusing towards enemy vehicles as Tankbustas must travel towards the nearest enemy tank. Tankbustas fire rokkits which count as assault weapons

Any views??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:22 am

Think that you can shoot from the vehicle as long as you don't go faster than cruising speed. Obviously you still can't fire any Heavy weapons - not that you have many (if any at all).

If it doesn't move hit it anyway!

Give in to the rage!! Evil or Very Mad

www.thegiantslair.co.uk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:25 am

My first heavy support choice is now in the army. I have my looted wagon all built which I'll show you tomorrow, its not painted yet but I think it looks pretty cool. Heavy choices are now the next thing on my agenda. I have 2100pts now!

Cheers for the reply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Culpan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am

Looted wagon! WOOP WOOP! Post pictures or it never happened No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 am

Its not that great....*scuffs feet on floor*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Culpan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 am

I have seen it now in all its splendour! And you cannot deny the call of the WAAAGH! Post now, or be forever damned to be a mere Guardsman!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles   

Back to top Go down

Units shooting from Open Top Vehicles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Rules Queries-
Jump to: