Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

looking for club to take on a noob :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob

looking for club to take on a noob :) Empty
PostSubject: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:34 am

Hi guys,

Iv recently just got back into 40k again after 15 years and im basically looking for somewhere to play!

I got introduced to this club by a guy who works at GW Plymouth think his name could be Rob?? maybe?
anyway im pretty noobish and im looking for a club that i can play regular,have fun and enjoy some good
evenings of getting my noobish behind handed to me Smile

Iv started to collect chaos space marines and im looking at getting 2000k points together although im a little way off
that at the minute Sad but its slowly getting there!

Basically just trying to get back into the swing of things as i love the hobby...oh and gets me away from the misses
a few nights a week Razz

Cheers!

Rob H
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Rob

If you're looking to play regularly, have fun and get your "noobish behind" handed to you... Well Cross Swords is for you!

Club nights are Monday and Thursday at the Westward Inn, Lee Mill. Thursdays are busier and you are more likely to get a game but there is usually one or two 40Kers knocking around on the Monday.

Look forward to seeing you at the club.

Rob
Fantasy Events Team
Back to top Go down
RobJones
Cross-Swords Member
RobJones

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 am

Hi Rob!

Nice to see you on here hopefully we can catch up for a game at the club!

Now we must turn this thread into the Rob thread! king

Rob.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

HAHA the Rob thread...i like the sound of that Smile

Indeed we should meet up for a game, although being a beginner again would be to my disadvantage!

what do you play?
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Rob ftw!!! cheers

I play fantasy with Wood Elves mainly but I also have Brets. If you play fantasy I'm happy to give you a game sometime.

Rob (the other one?)
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 pm

well 15 years ago i played

fantasy - chaos dwarfs
40k - chaos
epic - eldar

now iv just started collecting again so its hard work getting an army together to play all painted! so atm iv only started
a 40k chaos army but im looking to get into epic and fantasy again definatly! Although i like quiet dark armies im not
a fan of chaos or beastmen in fantasy..something about the beastmen armies doesnt do it for me. I may start a a tomb kings
or vampire counts..they look quiet cool!
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey dude ^_^

I'd be up for a game of 40K. I go on a Monday as I enjoy the chilled out atmosphere, less is more kinda thing. I have 2350 pts of orks just waiting to munch on your pointy helmet girls ^_~ Im booked this monday and next Thursday but any time after that is a go!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 pm

hey mate!

Im still building up the force to 2000pts as we speak! just waiting for next pay day to get the rest Smile then
theres painting and i dont like using unpainted minitures!

Also im not up to scratch with the rules and tbh would probably be my first game in 15 years unless someone
can show me the ropes. Iv read the rules over but i think its better to just play!

Im deffo up for a game but will be in zee near future dude!

Pointy helmets?? bah Wink
Back to top Go down
RobJones
Cross-Swords Member
RobJones

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:22 pm

40k:

Iron Hands - Work in Progress
Witch Hunters - WiP
Eldar - also WiP but i can field 1k - 1500
Tyranids - approx 1k
Dark Angels (Deathwing) - 1500

Fantasy:

Dark Elves anything up to 5k
Warriors of Chaos up to 2k
Undead - WiP

LotR / WotR:

Gondor up to 1500 war of the ring

Blood Bowl:

Norse

Necromunda:

Escher

ohh dear i had better stop listing things or i'll need more pages. Laughing
i'm convinced the world will end as soon as I finish one army so i hope you don't mind a bit of semi-construction Rolling Eyes

Rob J
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 am

how many armies?? Razz

I got some DA lying around somewhere which im sure il finish after my CSM and IG epic armies Smile

damit so much painting so little time!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for club to take on a noob :)   looking for club to take on a noob :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for club to take on a noob :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: General Area :: Guest Section-
Jump to: