Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how did paw go

Go down 
+8
matt monk
Ben Cushion
Lee Stubbs
Guy Ringham
Andi Avery
Ed Breddy
richayson
max ayson
12 posters
AuthorMessage
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:28 am

so how did it go for everyone?

i lost my first against dark elves
won my second against wood elves
lost my 3rd against high elves Sad
lost my 4th game against chaos

i really enjoyed the day and looking forward to tomorow and good luck if your in it.
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 am

looking good up to dinner time with 2 1000 pts wins back to earth with a bump for game 3 where i was totally outplayed managing a shitty 147 pts game 4 was a blood bath with martin with only 14 figures left at the end between us and a static plague furnace and no plague monks a pts win by 480/520 (technically a draw) hellpits died twice not as invincable in small games
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 am

short answer shit.

more descriptive answer

game 1.
played bretonians, they were too fast for me to shoot. and my greatswords are retarded

game 2.
played dwarves, they had a superior gun line and my greatswords are retarded

game 3.
played dark elfs, even faster than bretonians and my greatswords are retarded

game 4.
played wood elves, too fast, shit dispelling, lucky ward saves on treeman should have fucking died 24 shots from helblaster short range.

summary went against the worst possible armies to face when playing with a gun line. oh and my greatswords are retarded
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:45 pm

I must say the opposite ed, i played all the guys you played with my gunline.

Your gunline just sucks you need Dwarf power!!!!

Anyway what a weird tournament it is when you get 2 massacres, 1 solid victory and a minor loss and sit near the bottom of the rankings.

Wood elves first off tomorrow where mr treeman is gonna find some st 7, magical, flaming non armour save bolts coming his way and the skirmishing dryads are gonna meet a p****d off mrs organ gun!
Back to top Go down
Guy Ringham
Cross-Swords Member
Guy Ringham

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:02 pm

not a bad day for me

got a good amount of victory points (3017) after 4 games

looking for a good start tomorrow against a small ogre force

good luck to evertbody tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Andi Avery wrote:
I must say the opposite ed, i played all the guys you played with my gunline.

Your gunline just sucks you need Dwarf power!!!!
!

you had more warmachines which ignored armour
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 pm

I've had a good day, Played agenst nice people. Lost my first game, bad deployment on my half, and won my second, may have won by 1 more point, if my opponent knew his army stats, rarther than guessing them. not sure if the points system is right for 40k or having 5 objectives in the first game.
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:58 pm

No comment.
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Ben Cushion wrote:
No comment.

lol!
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

poor old ben saving all the luck 4 thurs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 am

well now the second days gone ive had 2 wins out of 3 and came 16th out of 28!
were did you come and how was the second day?

5th played chaos cavalry won in masacare fasion Twisted Evil
6th lost to bretonians as i could catch them Evil or Very Mad
7th played dwarfs and won, gotta love it when your opponent cant even get to the ojective! Very Happy

were did you come?
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:51 am

well my weekend went ok 1 win, 1 draw and 3 loses came joint 27th with about 3 others over all not too bad for first singles tourniment, scoring was bit random but over all not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Guy Ringham
Cross-Swords Member
Guy Ringham

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am

i came 5th out of 28 so i am very pleased with my result

played an ogres, goblins and warriors and scored a good amount of VP's in the first two. last game could of gone better but i killed the hellcannon so i'm happy
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 am

came 7th well pleased
well done guy and everyone
2 more 1000 pts wins today and a farce of a game against dragon boy no shooting or magic not a good idea against a dragon oh well cant complain
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Came 10th with the mighty dwarfs

Messed up with the rules for the tourny and went to win but didnt realise a fundamental part of how to achieve this in the rules. I had a great weekend with laughs

4 Massacres
1 Soild victory
1 Draw
1 Minor defeat

Unfortunatly couldnt claim maximum points due to our little legs not being able to propel us over the board much but my first outing with the stunties went well.

Derek came a very good 8th as well (him not having computer access to regale this accolade) 4 cross swordsmen in the top 10 out of 28. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: paw   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:26 pm

had a good time, hell even managed two wins !!! only one game game was uncomfortable and no that wasn't against the dragon although still had to play him scoring a big fat 0, great atmosphere and spirit i thought witnessed a temper tantrum and heard of a vicious rumour of Lee and Les Shuttleworth making friends , shit an Andy win and world peace i quit
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Well done to everybody cheers.

Don't worry Ed this tournament just doesn't suit Empire we just don't have enough cheese unlike these other armies Laughing. I find it really difficult to be competitive at 800pts
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 am

I enjoyed this weekend, thought the points system for 40k was a little weird,
But i came 18th out of 32.

3rd game was a hard one agenst a tyranid carnafex army for annilation, i lost 4-3

4th seige ground, agenst witchhunters which i enjoyed drew 2-2

5th take and control, agenst daemonhunters which was agenst another cross-swords member i won 3-1
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 am

Owen Farmer wrote:

Don't worry Ed this tournament just doesn't suit Empire we just don't have enough cheese unlike these other armies Laughing. I find it really difficult to be competitive at 800pts

really pissed off i didn't take the steam tank i only changed my mind saturday morning
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

well was first tournament and came a happy 13th well not lucky for some i guess. with 4 wins 2 draws and 1 loss damn dwarfs!! Think tournament format was ok tho, learnt a lot of rules thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:27 am

Hey all! Finally have temp acess to a computer that works!!

Came =7th in the 40k tourney, 2 draws ( B.Sisters & I.Guard). 1 loss (Orks) & 2 Brutal victories against Marines, a 6-2 Annihilation vs Space Mongrels & I wiped out a Nurgle Marine army. (Oh, & I grabbed both of the objectives which was actually the point of the game!!)

LOoking forward to Exeter in May, & hopefully 40K GT in the Autumn, assuming the tickets don't sell out in 5 seconds like last year! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how did paw go Empty
PostSubject: Re: how did paw go   how did paw go I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how did paw go
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: