Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.

Go down 
+4
James B
Owen Farmer
richayson
Rob Farmer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. Empty
PostSubject: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Here are the details for the first ever Cross Swords painting competition.

There are 2 categories - 1) Best Fantasy Miniature
2) Best 40K Miniature

In both categories the miniature must be a single US1 model on foot. (ie. no mounts, monsters, vehicles etc.)

To enter, bring your unpainted miniature to the club to show to one of the judges (Ant and Mike) either this week or next week.

The miniature must be finished for judging on Thursday March 18th.

This is primarily a painting competition, though the judges may award extra credit for effective conversion work/basing etc.

This competition is open to all Cross Swords members at the cost of £1 entry fee. You are free to enter miniatures in both categories if you wish.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 pm

can you confirm the size :-
can it be ratogre size or does this count as a monster
and is there a base size limit as in G Deamon
thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 pm

richayson wrote:
can you confirm the size :-
can it be ratogre size or does this count as a monster
and is there a base size limit as in G Deamon
thanks Very Happy

Hi Rich,

The model needs to be US1 so no Ratogres I'm afraid. So what your looking at in terms of model for you is a single model/character on a 20/25mm base.
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 am

Any chance this being opened up to other miniatures (Warmachine/Hprdes)?

Cheers

James
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:23 am

thanks that makes the choice a whole lot easier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:06 pm

James B wrote:
Any chance this being opened up to other miniatures (Warmachine/Hprdes)?

Cheers

James

I have no issue with a third category for Warmachine/Hordes. The only problem is whether Ant can stretch to another prize. I'll ask him.
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Im up for it, but Tom is banned Smile
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:54 pm

hey there i would be interested in the tournement can i enter a warlord games mini into fantasy catagory? please. im getting some warlord stuff for my birthday and would like to paint the boadicea model for the tourney.

thats this model mounted on a 25mm base:
http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/boadicea-triumphant-989-p.asp

if you dont let boadicea into the tourney you will be eaten by my avatar!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Swabs,

Seconded or he has to paint wearing a blindfold, whilst sitting in a rally car doing a leg of a off road rally.

Its only fair....

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 am

Erm i am sure Warmachine and Hordes can simply be intergrated into 40k and Fantasy respectively. Rather than have a 3rd competition i have no problem with people using a privateer model.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 am

could be an excuse to do a demon prince Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 am

Rob Harvey wrote:
could be an excuse to do a demon prince Smile

Has to be US1 I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 am

doh! saved me £18 quid though Razz
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:04 pm

hi rob finished the model i was entering can i enter twice as i would like to enter the stormvermin standard bearer as well just started it tonight cool model Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 am

I have finished, am I allowed to posts pictures of it here before the judging on Thursday?
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 pm

i`ve finished as well
can`t upload pics though but would like to as i would like to put a work in progress set of pics of the new hellpit if i bring it thurs can some one take some pics and upload them
thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 pm

i`ve finished as well
can`t upload pics though but would like to as i would like to put a work in progress set of pics of the new hellpit if i bring it thurs can some one take some pics and upload them
thanks
as usual logged in as max its no wonder i can`t upload pics
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Don't forget everybody - the completed miniatures are to be brought in on this Thursday 18th March.

I started my entry tonight. affraid
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:14 am

Don't forget to bring your entries tonight!!!

Mine is ready...
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 am

hi there everyone. could i please!!!! enter one of my sapce hulk termi's as i painted him up last night and he's came out awesomly. i no i havn't shown you the unpainted miniature but i wasn't expecting much out of this model. oh and whos the judges i just wanna see how much money i'll have to bring for bribes Laughing

ps i'm still entering boudicca i just wanna enter a mini into 40k as well.
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Congratulations to Rob and his Wood Elf Battle Standard. Just wanted to say thanks to everybody that took part cheers :-

Rob - Wood Elf Battle Standard
Ben - Skink Chief
Martin - Ethereal Vampire
Rich - Dwarf Slayer
Max - Queen Bodecia
Lee - Eldar Farseer (40K)
Guy - Beastmen Beastlord
Andy - Chaos Lord
Owen - Empire Captain
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 am

Goddamn it i knew i was meant to be somewhere last night!!

grats guys...Sad kharn will be staying in the draw then

*slap self*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.   Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting Competition!!! Time to sharpen your brushes.
Page 1 of 1