Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the best unit in your army?

Go down 
+12
Matt Twining
Swabs
Rob Harvey
Aaron Dix
JamesLye
matt monk
Ed Breddy
Daniel richards
Jay Court
richayson
Ben Cushion
Rob Farmer
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

What's the best unit in your army? Empty
PostSubject: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Who never lets you down? Who always earns their place? Question

For me: Standard Treeman. 6 wounds at T6 with 2 decent saves means the enemy has to divert a lot of resources to deal with it. Stubborn and Immune to Psych makes it a reliable tarpit, while 5 S6 attacks deals with other monsters and heavy cavalry units. In addition, the Treeman contributes a bound spell and a brilliant shooting attack. Add in terror and you have a great all rounder.

A Treeman Ancient is marginally more durable and the addition of spites make it more useful, but it costs nearly 200VPs more so I have to be real careful these days with so many flaming attacks around.

Your turn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Easily Skink Skirmishers. 70pts for a potential 20 poison shots, they take down things 3 times thier points cost, can march block, bait units and draw fire from enemy arrows/magic. They are also perfect for protecting terradons and other important units till they are needed or are within range.
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 am

there can only be one winner from within the glorious skaven hoards
THE ONE ONLY HELLPIT ABOMINATION
a total unit wreaker, impact hits,up to 18 strengh 6 hits ,toughness tests and a one in 6 chance of coming back to life (if you remember!) what a bargin at 250 pts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 am

Guessing this is a general thing, 40K as well as WFB?

My best unit for my 40K Daemons are my Bloodcrushers, 4 S 6, I 5 Power weapon attacks on the charge each! All for the price of a Terminator!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:58 pm

my best unit is my 32 ranked up skinks with 4 kroxigor with full command a cheap nasty unit at only 380 points and one i add some heroes in it gets alot worse lol

i also like my salamanders aswell well if its a skink in my army it does well
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:05 pm

gunna go with lord on dragon hits hard, can take a punch or 2 and is such a big target it draws firepower towards it so the kinghts can get up close and personal
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 pm

for my dwarfs would have to be my quarrellers good at shooting and in combat can give them great weapons and can also make them scouts
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:55 pm

for 40k its my honor guard units with relic blades
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Best unit? If you're prepared to pay through the nose for them Blood Angels Death Company. Furious charge, 4 S 5 I 5 WS 5 on the charge just using combat weapons. Start adding power weapons, thunder hammers, power fists & you suddenly
have a whole world of pain!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:45 am

I would probably say my squad of 10 nobz, waghhh banner for the extra +1 to WS, Big Choppas for +2 S, pain boy for "Feel no Pain" 2 wounds each, 3 attacks!! whats not to like? Only downside is the points cost but its points well spent ^_^

...and my grots ^_~
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:07 am

hmm i would have to say skink skirmishers not only are they little ninjas there is something satisfying when in combat with them you kill 1-2 enemy models!

also skink priest for making guy panic with his bloodthirster!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm

single lvl 1 or 2 high elf mage, marched in a bunker up to the enemy, jumping out cast irresistable sun of xereus killing a thousand points worth of stuff and blowing himself up in a big ball of nastyness! awesome!
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:12 am

i think that is classed as a suicide bomber lol
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:50 am

Praetorians with UA Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Matt Twining
Cross-Swords Member
Matt Twining

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm

grimgor is the best for me Cool
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 am

Steam Tank, T10 FTW!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:24 pm

i now dont have one, HE are pump......that is all.
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:26 pm

dragon princes (sword masters on horses and twice as much armour basicly Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Lawrence Duncalf
Cross-Swords Member
Lawrence Duncalf

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 am

As a Skaven player, you'd think my best unit would be the Hell Pit Abomination, or the Grey Seer, but no.

My best unit is my Rat Swarm. Yes, really.

Against Elf armies it tends to die before it can make any attacks. But in its long and storied career that Rat Swarm has chewed its way through things it has no business eating. Other swarms? Dead. Vampire Counts cavalry? Destroyed them. Units of River Trolls? Ran them down. How? I don't know, but I don't question it.

In 40K, my 3rd Ed Eldar Seer Council fit the bill, but my Tau? Too soon to tell.
Back to top Go down
http://dr-shiny.deviantart.com
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:16 am

I think skaven slaves are mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best unit in your army?   What's the best unit in your army? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the best unit in your army?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: