Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grottastic!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JamesLye
JamesLye

Grottastic!!! Empty
PostSubject: Grottastic!!!   Grottastic!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm

A cheeky little ork move I used and worked quite well that may seem really obvious....and its not a waste of an HQ, despite what some people might think, which makes for good discussion so read on and comment ^_^

When holding an objective with a jumpy and nervous squad of grots who are more likley to run than hold their ground with any sense of bravado, stick an HQ in the squad to bolster the LD value, it bumps the squad LD to 9 from 7 (Runtherd) and if the LD test fails roll a D3 and let the squigs eat a few grots and re roll, better odds of passing with a LD of 9 than 7.

With a squad of 30 grots, this means they will hold their ground longer and possibly even take out a few of them pussy Dark Angels J keeps using against me ^_~ makes the Grots a reasonable squad to hold an objective with and less of a liability.....and they're cheap points to ^_^

Waste of an HQ??
Back to top Go down
orlando
Cross-Swords Member

Grottastic!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grottastic!!!   Grottastic!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Not a waste at all.

I use a big Mek with a shokk attack gun & bosspole with grots.

The grots prevent the big mek being picked on with shooting while the Mek can shoot away.

However the best use for 10 grots (40 points inc runtherd) is to place them in a closed top battlewagon (heavy support slot) equipped to shoot (massed rokkits; big shootas or a kill kannon).

The battlewagon keeps the grot safe (unless it explodes) and the battlewagon can shoot.

Drive the battlewagon on to an objective and sit there. Shoot away. It is almost like paying 40 points to make the battlewagon scoring.

Regards

Orlando
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

Grottastic!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grottastic!!!   Grottastic!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Thats a really good idea with the battle wagon. I only have 2 trucks at the moment, im working towards converting some looted wagons. I may try that out on my next objectives based game but may have to suffice with a truck lol maybe not as stong though and liable to get taken out straight away.

I like the idea of using them to provide a shield for my shokk gun. I ususally put my shock gun with my loota squad. gives me a big heavy weapons unit then. I place them central on the field to a get a full firing arc. however my last 2 games have resulted in my big mek morphing away from the gun and reappearing next to something nasty much to my meks annoyance....^_~ Thank for the tips
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grottastic!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grottastic!!!   Grottastic!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grottastic!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: