Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warmachine/Hordes Tournament

Go down 
+2
Tom Byrne
Swabs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

Warmachine/Hordes Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Is anyone interested in a 15 point Warmachine/Hordes tournament, probably on a weekend sometine in the next few weeks/months.

Look`s like the Exeter boys want in on this aswell.

Please put your name forward and days you can attend.

Cheers Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Im in! I imagine we can get 7-9 from CrossXswordS plus the Exeter boys 10 or so.

Do we do a fun Club Vs Club or a swiss type system to find an overall winner????

I think we should do club v club as you can simply find some one you dont know to play your next game instead of waiting for victory points to be worked out etc. Five to six 15 point games each should be fine for an afternoon/evenings playing.

Each game scores as following:

- 9pts for a scenario win.
- 3pts for a Warcaster/Warlock kill win. (the most likely win event)
- 1pt for each successful power attack that hits one or more enemy models. You may earn up to 5pts for successful power attacks.

Hopefully this will encourage good veteran players to try for the much more difficult scenario wins while power attacking so they can get some points before they get assasinated by the newer players Embarassed The points can be totaled up after we all play the set amount of games for club victory and individual placing.

Just got to work out 3(?) good scenarios for 15pts now?

Any thoughts Komrads?
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm

I'd personally suggest that the use of the steam roller rules and timings would be a easier route to follow.

Agree on the swiss format as your going to get the same level of players vs'ing each other.

Would say that who's going to run the timings etc, if you leave the scoring till after the last round then its going to be an added wait and what happens if someone hs added up wrong on the first game.

James
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:04 pm

i am in in for 15points
will soon be up for 25 once i paint my latest bits
Back to top Go down
http://www.cross-swords.co.uk
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Swiss systems work with big numbers of players but with the amount proposed we will get 3 games each and a lot of players will end on the same positions especially 2nd ,3rd and downwards. Being 15 pts i think we need a different system as i think we should aim for 5-6 games each........

I also feel it would be nice for us and the Exeter boys to not play our club mates if possible.

Ant we have already included you Very Happy and do you want a game next Monday?
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 pm

I have to disagree, the Swiss system will after the initial round pair similar level of players to the skill levels.

As for joint third, fourths etc that would be where the CP's and TP's come in.

By restricting club against club are you looking at a fixed number of players from each one? If a odd number of players turn up then you have no way to absorb the issue. More importantly someone has made the effort and been forced to wait. Also it will allow for the possible bye that may be required.

Is there a time limit on these games as it should be an approximately forty minutes with the SR rules, so you could get five games in over six hours and break for lunch.

Is there any restrictions being put in place, or is it going to be a cheese fest?

James

Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 am

Tom I am well up for a game on Monday at 15 points
May even try 25 if I get my stuff glued up
Back to top Go down
http://www.cross-swords.co.uk
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am

As Warmachine/Hordes in primarily designed for tournament play......CHEESE as people call it, will be allowed of the smelliest kind Smile

You bring the cheese, I bring the whine Razz ( By that I mean, you will).....and that means Molik comes out to play MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tyrant Swabs

Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:28 am

Ahhh Tyrant "Smorgesboard" Swabs, how I know you never disapoint, Molik is as always your bottle opener.

Sounds like a challenge being thrown, if you want filth I can bring you a filth game!

First week in August, fifty points, timed turns etc.

I'll let you pick the scenario my little petit flous....

Miss you now, won't when I'm rolling to hit.

James

Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:12 am

Ok 50 poiunt Morghoul tier 4 list for me then Smile BRING..IT...ON
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 am

A Monday or Thursday?

Morgul, oh that's not got molik...

Pick the scenario and let us know my precious!

Laters

James
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:50 am

Whatever day suits you Smile
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Sweet, I let you know.

No need to wear a suit, unless your making a court appearance....

James
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Im in for 15 pts
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 am

I can sub you up if you meed more you cygnar fool you!!
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:07 pm

then im in for 25 points if thats what everyone wants, dont forget james i still have 6 of your long gunners Razz
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Hadn't forgot, though which caster you going to use?

I have Hayley if you need.

James
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Warmachine Sleep
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 pm

well hopefully if ant has darious i will use him to see what he is like Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:10 am

So it seems that we are going for a 3 round swiss system at 25 points......that is ok for me and i am more happy with the point increase Smile

I think we should aim for the end of August??? I think Swabs is working on the draw and Victory conditions at the moment.

If its 3 rounds i think we should have the senarios as: Killbox(24" version), Destruction, and Convergence (Mosh pit MK2)

Anyone wanting more info on warcasters/warlocks, units and solos have a look here: Battle College

For an idea about model/unit point cost: Forward Kommander (not as good as table top commander but that is being remade for MK2)

Captain Gunnbjorn, just because the model is sweet!

Keep painting Komrads.
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:48 am

Swabs slaughterfest
proudly presents the
Warmachine/Hordes
Tournament 2010

Welcome to the first of, hopefully, many tournaments to come.
Tournament rules.
25 points per army using a 1 list system.
1 hour 20 mins per game.
3 Scenarios...Convergence, Killbox and ???????? Razz
Using latest standard Steamroller 2010 Control points and Victory points.
Tiers are allowed.
NO BENDY TAPE MEASURES.
Possible prize support depending on numbers.
Round 1, players from other clubs will not be playing each other and hopefully not in the other rounds unless absolutely necessary.
Good luck and play like you have a pair Smile

Contact details 07707808461

Date to be confirmed and price.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warmachine/Hordes Tournament   Warmachine/Hordes Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warmachine/Hordes Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: