Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians Empty
PostSubject: does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians   does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 pm

as ive never played bretonnians before im not familliar with there army style at all although this feels like cheating i suppose getting tips off everyone im sure matt wont mind as ive not really played his army before so i want to know there strengths and weaknesses if that ok with everyone

all i know about the bretonnians is what ive read in the rulebook and a few rules matts talked about before like the lance formation and damsels are there magic users apart from that i know not very much about them

im using skinks lots and lots of skinks

dont worry its only a skink army Smile
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians   does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:10 am

Bait them in and let them kill it then flank and win.

Or charge them first....

I know....epic tactics right?
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians   does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:32 am

Pretty much what Swabs said: Throw in some sacrificial units at an angle positioning hard hitting stuff around to engage them in the flank when they overun. Lance formation gives them long flanks so shouldnt be too tricky.
Steadfast/stubborn units would be good as if they dont break you on the charge they are mostly just S3 men with a 1 attack and a good save. Blessing of the lady gives them a 6+ ward save and a 5+ against S5 and higher so low strength but armour penetrating attacks like a salamanders breath weapon would be devasting. Kroxigors for getting through the armour be good too. Beware the trebuche, strength 5 nastiness, take it out quickly. The bowmen can have flaming attacks and defensive spikes which count as a fence in the new rules (I think)
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians   does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 pm

cheers for the advice ill give it a go next time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians   does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

does anyone know any tactic for taking on bretonnians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: