Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warhammer Fantasy League Table

Go down 
+2
Andi Avery
Rob Farmer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

Warhammer Fantasy League Table Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 am

Thanks to everyone involved in the league for their commitment each week. Most players have either finished or nearly finished their number of games and the table looks like this:

1st = Rob Pld9 212TPs 11711VPs
2nd = Andy A Pld9 212TPs 10111VPs
3rd = Simon Pld9 183TPs 10204VPs
4th = Derek Pld9 154TPs 7763VPs
5th = Owen Pld9 125TPs 8425VPs
6th = Lee Pld9 125TPs 6202VPs
7th= Swabs Pld8 113TPs 4069VPs
8th = Andy W Pld9 96TPs 8883VPs
9th = Guy Pld8 95TPs 3430VPs
10th = Jay Pld7 7TPs 2739VPs

If you play any games outside of the club, or I'm not there to collect the result, post your result here and I'll add it to the table.

Rob

EDIT - Results from Thursday 15th October added.

Last edited by Rob Farmer on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Tournament   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi guys i just wanted to say i really enjoyed the league system and it really has helped those of us going to the grand tournament so a big thankyou to you all for putting up with drawing maps and playing on the wrong edges of the table!

A big thankyou to owen and rob for running it and sorting out all the scores etc

See you all in 4 weeks when the real list bashing starts for the tourney.

afro
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Another good night of gaming tonight. Victories for Andy A, Simon, Guy and myself against Lee, Andy, Derek and Jay respectively.

Andy A still tops the table and has now finished all his games. Lee's promising start has slid a bit, with Teclis finding it difficult to stay alive. Guy continues his epic comeback with his third win in a row and a Bloodthirster now on the table. Simon seems to have found his winning ways with the Dark Elf army o doom. Derek had the unusual experience of seeing his Blood Knights actually lose a round of combat. Andy's Brets are killing units and amassing VPs but not winning games. Highlight of my game was definitely the Treeman Ancient being killed in Jay's last shot of the game by a cannon ball in the back of the head. How noble.

EDIT - cheers Andy A. Enjoy your trip.
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Just returned from the club, having watched Andy vs Jay. Andy won the Trial of Battle scenario (table quarters) by steam-rollering the Imperial troops with his glorious charges. However, the men-of-the-match were Jay's volley gun crew who:

1) Destroyed a unit of Grail Knights
2) Killed Andy's general in hand-to-hand combat(?!)
3) Shot and panicked a unit of Knights of the Realm off the table
4) Got cut into small pieces by the Green Knight.

Epic.
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Rob Farmer wrote:

2) Killed Andy's general in hand-to-hand combat(?!)

what the deuce!!! how did they do that!!!!!

(Edit for language. My school filters bad language so I can't access this thread, Ed!!! - Rob)
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: battle report   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 pm

well my friend if i recall correctly it went something like this;

The glorious muster of Brettonia arrived fashionably late, on monday the 14th. the wind was fair and the autmn sun cast a warm glow on the fine golden threads of the heraldry embroidered by 13 vestal virgins, carried into battle by some of the most eligible heroes of the county.

We deployed after some Pimms, with some peasants on the far left of our lines , somehow those chaps had aquired some horses, and although somewhat above their station, it did lesson the smell. the magnificent men on their flying steeds paused for a pre battle picnic sheltered behind a small yet very picturesque copse. a polite nod to the young chaps eager to earn their spurs, joined the battle line next and were given the honour of carrying forth the army standard ( they had slightly over achieved in the pre battle dressage). next was a trebuchet with some more odius peasants bearing longbows next to them on a small hill. 3 units of knights sat magnificently male in the saddle, two of knights of the realm either side of grail knights who would accompany a damsel so she could witness for herself the the danger yet experience the bravery and honour with which gentlemen would distinguish themselves in battle . and has every gentleman should our general placed himself at his ladies side, the remaining paladin joined the unit between the peasant bowmen and the grail knights as his profile was better that side should the damsel glance in his direction. then on the far right gathered some more peasants, good god were they carrying a dead knight no time to sort them out tiffin was served and the dawn of battle was upon us!

As the opposition sorted out their ranks with oiks on each flank rideing horses, with more oiks of various descrptions dotted along the line with what appeared to be a unit of gentlemen opposite the grail units, who also it seemed would have two hellblaster volley guns and a great cannon, a groan of dissapproval went up as those war machines could one a nasty headache, but as the two lines faced each other, the gentlemen of Brettonia applauded each other for a marvelous turnout, dismounted and prayed to the lady for her blessing.

As we opened our eyes the enemy still hadn't moved and after checking that they hadn't started waving a rather large flag of surrender ( turned ou to be the army standard damned poor conduct to paint it white ) we charged in good order towards the enemy.
upon closing in towards touching distance of the rabble the noble green knight burst forth from a small thicket today they lady was with us.
the trebuchet hurled forth its cache of rubble and although their aim was perfect one of those infernal peasants had forgotton to tighten the ratchet and will be flogged for some time, the peasants on horseback did their lord proud and despatched some chaps on horseback with guns, eager to earn some exta soap the peasants with long bows fired with all their might and despite a complaint that a little too much meat had been introduced into their diet it seemed it would pay dividends as three crossbowmen fell to the ground in it had to be said was in a dishevelled manner, the magnificant men on their flying steeds darted out to the front and their bravery was duly noted ( although those chaps have been challenged over their duelling skills on this campaign).
the men of the Empire responded returning fire onto the the mounted peasants who lost four of their number and the remainding rider turned and fled and was promptly shot for cowardice, how we laughed. the cannon fired and squeaky bum time passed as two brave knights of the realm were knocked from their formation, one of the volley guns jammed and it appeared that we had crossed no mans land unscathed losing only two knights and some peasants, but a screeching shook us from dismissing the battle as over when 26 yes f%$*@ng 26 shots came the other volley gun and in dastardly fashion took out the complete formation of knights of the grail some of the finest men to enter a brothel and leave having crossed the tee's and dotted the i's luckily the general took the lady steadied her nerve and issued orders not to sulk for too long there were heroes to avenge.
the thunderous roar of steed crashing into armour as the erreant knights ploughed straight through the remaining crossbowmen and wheeled around in good order the pegasus knights engaged the cannon crew, but only managed to kill one albeit due to clumsy landing from the pegasus those chaps were going to need a talking to. the green knight burst towards the enemy knights and disappeared in puff of smoke . the general settled the damsel by a nearby wood and headed towards the gun crew who had fired upon the grail knights, it appeared that some squires were in for a flogging as the steed which carried him didn't make the distance and our fine gentleman was left stranded in the open, and the enemy responded.
the unit of religous fanatics crashed into the knights of the realm and the inner circle knights engaged into the flank. As one hellblaster gun tried to relight its fuse and with the cannon crew in combat, a collected baited breath held as 12 shots fired from the other hellblaster aimed its barrels at the general, 12 shots in all at one of the finest gentleman to carry a ladies favour took the volley and clearly wounded bravely took the fight to the enemy.
the focus turned to the combat in the centre of the field, the inner circle knights riding with the general in the centre took down two knights and the bizarre chaps acted like madmen one would you belive even set fire to his own head . maybe mor attention should have been payed in defence class as no more wounds were added , the knights of brettonia steasied their nerve aimed true and dished out justice. atacking the flagellents killing approx 6 then combat would resolved it looked fateful for the brave knights of brettonia although the flagellant charge caused nothing they were going nowhere and had weight of numbers the pull of battle rested between two bodies of knights those of the realm and those of the empire, despite the flank attack and their war banner, a knight never leaves home without his virtue especially the virtue of discipline and the innner circle knights fled, despite the fact the could have waved their war banner as a massive flag of surrender they fled , they fled an almighty 16 inches into a not so nearby building and impaled themselves on its railings war banner general everything, (huzzah was the brettonian cheer as jay stormed off to the bar).
the pegasus knights charged a unit of greatswords in the flank and ran them down whilst fatally wounded the general waded into the hellblaster crew slaying two with every heroic sweep of his sword, his wounds much more than any one man could bear espcially if those men were inner circle knights, the general dried the blood that ran from his mouth shook his hair in playboy fashion, gave the damsel a gentlemanly wink and heroicly slipped from the saddle.
with a scream of anger the damsel found herself in combat with a crewman from another hellblaster gun. the man , i shall call him that for he did strike the lady first , found himself in combat with a lady for 3 turns , the remainder of the battle in fact never have so many ones and twos been cast on the field of battle, the other hellblaster gunman whos so despicably gunned down the general , aimed and fired at the knights of the realm and although their wounds were few the shock of the demise of the grail knights, and the general, added with the sight of a male striking a lady was too much and they left the field of battle in disgust.
now with the battle in it's final throws and the majestic forces grabbing victory one small act remained as the pegasus knights charge the pistoliers who opted to flee 4 inches which wasn't quite enough, as jay screamed one more inch would have done it , every gentleman knows that feeling
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Great report, Andy. I particularly liked "Jay stormed off to the bar." I remember that bit well.
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Thursday's games are over, with victories for Derek and Swabs against myself and Owen respectively.

Derek managed to finally cram his Blood Knights into my deployment zone to edge the Breakthrough scenario by 116 points, while Swabs and Owen exchanged some poor dice rolls for several turns while trying to claim table quarters. In the end, Swabs managed to claim three to Owen's one and thus was the green tide victorious once more.

Most players have only two games left to play and the positions are pretty tight (see table above). One last push for victory everybody!!!
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:52 am

YEAAAAAHAAAAAA IM CUMMIN FOR YA, NUTTIN KEN STOP DA WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH.

Seriously though, having a great time in the tournament, just need to hang on in there, 3 games to go, eye of the tiger Swabs....eye of the tiger Smile
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 am

Oh the horror losing both cannons in turn one, Shocked I blame Snotling infiltrators! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Another week down for the league and the gamers are fighting for every last point. A big mover this week is Andy W who has climbed to sixth place following a win against Lee and a close defeat to Derek. The Brets have finished all their games so congratulations Andy and thanks for your commitment to the league. Derek's relentless VC army has steadily climbed the rankings and is vying for a top three finish with only one left to play. Simon has kept his hopes of overall victory alive with a win over Guy's DoC, Bloodthirster and all. Big wins in his final two games may be enough to go top. Guy's comeback has stalled a bit, but there is still one to play and 30 points up for grabs.

Who can still win overall? If Simon beats me but loses to Swabs, Andy A wins whatever happens. If Simon wins against Swabs and me, he would finish at worst second and maybe first depending on big VP scores in his last two games. If I beat Simon in my last game, I need to score 50 VPs to win overall. It's set up for a tense finish...
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: fantasy league   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:37 am

well, my tournament is over and my brettonians are on their way home we've jousted well and have enjoyed the ball. seriously tho have had a great time played more games in the last 5 weeks than i have in the last 5 months, even started to think about tatics , but i usually ignore my own advice ! cheers to rob and owen for organising and to the rest of you for putting up with my stupid comments and crappy commentary. Every game has been enjoyable and would happily lose to you again. ttfn
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Thursday 1st October's games saw the end of the campaign for Simon, Owen, Derek and myself. The top three has now been decided, following a close run victory for my Wood Elves over Simon's Dark Elves. The fight came down to combat between my Treeman Ancient and the Dreadlord on his dragon. No wounds were done, but a rear charge and outnumber saw the dragon off and an unlucky flee roll saw him cut down in turn six.

Lee showed how potent his magic could be by annihilating Derek's undead army and seizing two table quarters for the win. Derek finishes fourth, though Swabs could still take that place by winning his last two games.

Owen won the Empire civil war for Averland by wiping out Jay's own imperial forces. Owen's victory places him fifth with again only Swabs in a realistic position to take it away.

42 games down, just three left to play!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy League Table   Warhammer Fantasy League Table I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy League Table
Page 1 of 1