Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

terrain making

Go down 
+3
Rob Harvey
Anthony Cross
max ayson
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:36 pm

hey there i was just wandering could i please make some terrain for cs next time you have a terrain making do. ive got a quite good scenery collection at home and i think i could do it to a high enough standard.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 pm

hi max
the more the merrier! me and mike will be doing a session shortly
it will probably be on a monday night session
i will let you know when it comes up
Back to top Go down
http://www.cross-swords.co.uk
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm

im up for making some epic terrain just need some pointers! whats best to use? polystyrene?
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:14 am

Rob Harvey wrote:
im up for making some epic terrain just need some pointers! whats best to use? polystyrene?

Polystyrene is good, as long as it is medium/high density and not the kind of stuff you get out of packaging. We also have used high/medium density foam aswell if i remember rightly. But when we got foam i think you could only get it in large sheets which meant you had to pay quite a bit even though it is quite cheap per m2
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:51 am

yea i found a place on tinternet

http://new.panelsystems.co.uk/newsc/index.pl?c=Craftfoam

think il be ordering some Smile
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 am

hi i've heard there's gonna be some new boards sometime, and i was wandering could we get a desert board. i would be up for helping make it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:05 am

The new boards being made will be a green and 2 snow boards. There will not be a desert one. This is because snow is more easily generic to many game systems. Also we have plans for what we are going to do with the snow terrain, whereas the desert board will just be the same as the red board, nice but ultimately will not be used. This does not mean that we wont have one in the future, i am just saying we wont be making one now. It is not a viable option.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 am

ahh the terrain thread Smile

Guys can u give me ideas for scenery thats needed or themes got some time off and wana give some stuff a whirl. Iv come up with a couple of
ideas and Mike and Ant have also given me ideas but i want more Smile heres some already chosen terrain ideas.

1. A factory of some sort
2. more hills but not corner pieces more round top hills for the middle of the board?
3. loads of epic barricades Smile
4. gothic church
5. general gothic buildings
6. statues
7. some sort of fortress?

Ideas would be appreciated guys!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 pm

I think more water features would be good like whole river systems that can span the board.

Also making some decent difficult terrain would be great too as many tournaments are using it and would be good to have some proper looking difiicult terrain (scrub, rubble, ditches and fences etc)
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm

SAY NO TO TERRAIN
vast open spaces where noone can hide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Andi Avery wrote:
I think more water features would be good like whole river systems that can span the board.

Ah yes, we should probably get around to building a river one day. Maybe one with a ford or two. Maybe even a feature piece for a spring?

Oh wait yeah, we did those and no-one used it Smile

The truth of the matter seems to be. If it makes gaming more difficult (i generally use the word interesting, but for the majority difficult seems appropriate), then it is simply ignored and left in the crates to gather dust. Every time i played fantasy and suggested using it, but it never reached the table. Or if i set it up on a table for someone else to use, it was the first thing that was taken off.

Whilst rough terrain like ditchs rivers etc is a great idea. I wouldnt bother with making more. Dan made the rivers and they werent used. Ever. It is not something i would personally attempt for the club again.
Back to top Go down
George Maczugowski
Cross-Swords Member
George Maczugowski

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Mike Culpan wrote:
Dan made the rivers and they werent used. Ever. It is not something i would personally attempt for the club again.

It's good to know we have a river that we could use.

Jay and I will need one for our potential Apoc game at the conclusion of our mini campaign based loosely on 1st War for Armageddon.

Can someone post up the dimensions - how wide, long etc.
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 am

heh i am certain all will have seen it. Not sure if we still have it though, have a strong feeling it has been tossed into a box for 'disposal' since no-one used it. Each piece was about 8-10 inchs long (working from memory here, give me a break), and 4 inchs thick, with straights and bends and a ford (maybe 2?). Not quite enough to span 6 foot board, but nearly, about 5 foot i guess including the spring (if i remember rightly)
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:52 pm

i think a river would be awesome specially for epic Smile with some bridges to cross...even maybe use a bridge as an objective Smile i know a river would
make things difficult for me but it would be alot more interesting
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am

Rob Harvey wrote:
i know a river would make things difficult for me but it would be alot more interesting

Thats the attitude we were working for when we made them...
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:22 pm

and did they deffo get chucked out??
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:48 am

Dont know, had a quick scout on thursday. Couldnt see them. Will speak to ant aswell as have a proper look on monday.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:20 pm

that would be cool i would deffo like to use them in a epic game...in fact would u like a game soon mike? seeing as im slowly getting to
grips with the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 am

sure thing dude. Will organize something when i see you next. As i dont really organize stuff far in advance, i just agree to whatever people suggest to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:29 am

lol what bout tonight?
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:28 am

Was playing Warmachine last night, will play you next monday. Found the river bits, theres enough to cross 4ft and then a feature bit at the end.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 am

monday sounds good...how many points?
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 am

no idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 am

4k?
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 am

heh i dont have anywhere near that many points. probably will be around 2000- 2500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

terrain making Empty
PostSubject: Re: terrain making   terrain making I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

terrain making
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next