Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

warhammer army?

Go down 
+4
Ed Breddy
richayson
Owen Farmer
Rob Harvey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:56 am

Hey guys was looking at starting warhammer to get regular games in...i used to collect chaos dwarfs a long time ago but im now looking
at starting fresh..what would you guys say would be a good army to collect and play with?
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:14 am

EMPIRE!

They are the true jack of all trades, master of none of the warhammer World. The things I like about the empire is there ability to have the tools to take on any army out there (Cannons, Helblasters & Steam Tanks.) You can do so much with an Empire army:-

1) Go all out Infantry army
2) An all cavalry army
3) A army of Sigmar, Arch lector, warrior priests and Flagellants
4) Beat the Dwarfs at their own game and run a gun line

Unlike other armies (Such as Dwarfs, VCs and Daemons) the Empire can take part in every phase of the game. They can be frustrating to use at times because there psychology and it will let you down from time to time. However, when the army works there not much out there that can stop the march of the Empire.

Vote Empire this election! cheers
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:58 am

sorry owen but you`re wrong
SKAVEN is the way to go
jack of all trades with the option for wicked skaven magic and in the verminlord a rareity in a combat wizard
then there s all the wierd and wonderful skaven shooting
doomwheels ,weapon teams , all potential match winners (or losers) but that is the skaven way.

with 2 pages of lords and special charaters you can go magic haeavy or combat monsters
then you can always pick a hellpit abomination and just smash your opponants
and with chear core units you can fill your whole deployment zone with a glorious rat hoard
vote skaven
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:37 am

it depends on your style of gaming. if you prefer combat magic or shooting.

tomb kings and ogres are getting new books soon so you could wait for one of them
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:17 am

i just picked up the dark elves army book..but empire do look good too, skaven i think i would have a complete nightmare trying to paint!
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:46 am

The top 10 armies at the moment are*:-

1 ) Deamons
2 ) Dark Elves
3 ) Lizardmen
4 ) Vampire Counts
5 ) Warriors of Chaos
6 ) Empire
7) Skaven
8 ) High Elves
9 ) Wood Elves
10 ) Dwarfs

* Information supplied by Rankings HQ

If you interested in Empire then I'm at the club on Thursday if you wanted to look at the army book and have a chat about them.

There is also this site which has lots of info about Sigmar's finest.
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:18 am

cheers owen thats a hepful list, vampires look good too Smile

have to say the models for empire look the nuts!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:05 am

What kind of style do you enjoy playing?

Lots of shooty avoidance? Dark Elves and Wood Elves.
Gunlines? Dwarfs and Empire.
Run forward and clobber? Warriors of Chaos and Bretonnians.
Fancy magic? Lizards and Vampires.
Or do you just want to win? Daemons.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:22 am

see i like the idea of fancy magic and fancy troops with lots of choice, does that narrow it down? Smile gunline sounds turbo boring!
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:07 pm

if you like magicy stuff and want vamps, try these skelies (they av ghouls and stuff to)
http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Undead/Skeletons.html
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:07 pm

owen skaven 7 no way

lots of painting always
satisfaction at winnning much more lol!
vote skaven
wot kud b better than killing yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:42 am

after looking long and hard at the interent iv decided on vampires...i used to love the old undead with nagash so im going to give
them a whirl Smile
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:58 am

Vampires r good but ul wanT lots of ghouls which can be expensive to obtain. That combined with zombies being expensive aswell with the numbers u want. Just remember ul need enough for nearly 2 armies of core troops and bats to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:35 am

hhhmm never thought of that to be honest is that due to raising more troops with the vampires?
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Rob Harvey wrote:
after looking long and hard at the interent iv decided on vampires...i used to love the old undead with nagash so im going to give
them a whirl Smile

NNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!

Not more spaming Vampires Sleep

Its not to late to save your soul.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:09 pm

lol owen u dont agree? Smile i dont think i could justify spending money on a human army although i do like the look of them..im sure i will probably collect them one day but im goin to start on the undead and spam regen and raise lots of zombies Suspect
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:11 am

Rob Harvey wrote:
lol owen u dont agree? Smile i dont think i could justify spending money on a human army although i do like the look of them..im sure i will probably collect them one day but im goin to start on the undead and spam regen and raise lots of zombies Suspect

There is nothing wrong with collecting humans cheers . If you like the look of VCs then go for it, when do you think you'll start collecting and how long before you can get an army on the table? Andi, Derek and Martyn play VCs at the club so you could ask them for advice about collecting a VC army.

Here a tactia that Andi did for VC core troops
https://cross-swords.forumotion.net/tactics-strategies-f9/tactica-undead-core-choice-t37.htm

Should you go to the dark side then keep a look out for these guys
warhammer army? WHnt_05
Imperial Witch Hunter
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm

love the witch hunter Smile

well iv got the army book and im currently gluing together some grave guard as a start Smile hopefully about a month till im playing looking
at putting together 2k points but that time scale maybe a bit optamistic with work!

If only they had official rules for Nagash...
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Rob Harvey wrote:
love the witch hunter Smile

well iv got the army book and im currently gluing together some grave guard as a start Smile hopefully about a month till im playing looking
at putting together 2k points but that time scale maybe a bit optamistic with work!

If only they had official rules for Nagash...

Cool that would be quick. It'll be good to have another fantasy player at the club.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm

well iv been hunting around tinternet to find an army list so i could do with some critique on this one i put together out of ideas.

Vampire Lord
MoBA
Dark Acolyte
LoTD
Skull Staff
Helm of Command

Vampire
Inf. Hate
Dread Knight
Balefire Spike
Book of Arkhan

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Sword of Might
Dispel Scroll

20x Skeletons w/Champion and Standard (War Banner)

15X Skeletons w/Spears +Champion and Standard (Undead Legion)

10x Ghouls w/ Ghast

5x Dire Wolves

5X Dire Wolves

Corpse Cart w/ Balefire

14x Grave Guard w/ Champion and Standard

5X Blood Knights with Standard (Blood Keep)
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

Owen`s Empire are particulary good at the "Tactically withdrawing, while facing the other way" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:58 pm

ordered about 2250 points worth of vampires today...should arrive monday or tuesday, then its assembly and paint. Somehow my
months time scale was a bit rash Smile 10 grave guard models sucked the life out of me with all the fiddly bone bits...gggrrr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

warhammer army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: warhammer army?   warhammer army? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

warhammer army?
Page 1 of 1