Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

space hulk

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 am

Sentinel V project:

following a converation with Ant and the release of space hulk, Ant mentioned he was going to do a demo of space hulk at the paw show, I have undertaken to build a 3d board for this game to run on.
To try and keep the project rolling thought i would start a plog here
Anyway here is a link to the the rescource used

http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/

follow the first link (patrik carlsson i think) and amongst all the other info is the Sentinel V campaign.

I will be using some of my hirst arts stuff and could look like these

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/508812

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/508810

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/317032

if anybody wants to get on board (get it ) and help with this project which will be handed over to the club when finished then let me know. I'm looking for help with the painting , and so will biuld them in sections with different walkways, so as to allow different styles to fit together, and some ideas to theme the rooms, eg i already have a docking station and a med lab as well as the bridge and engine room.
theres is a strong possibility of the space marines being painted in the "cross swords" chapter colour and any helpers could find their names immortalised on the marines . brother anthony , brother culpin etc hey even the dead space marine could be captain jolly found in the truro sector.
i plan to bring the first pieces for a play test and for some feedback ( enough for the first mission from the campaign ) on monday 28th but will post some pictures of my progress before then

over and out
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:00 am

I am on board for helping you paint it dude. Just let me know when you have some stuff put together and ill start doing something. (Going by your design sketchs, it will probably be best to paint it as you make more. To paint it all in one whack would be a feat.)
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: space hulk wip   space hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:43 pm

ok first bits done thought i'd post a picture of the progress so you can get the gist of it. still need to add some details but will wait untill after the rigours of drybrushing. it's supposed to be a cargo bay)

https://2img.net/h/i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/chalkster_/terrain/space%20hulk/SHdockingstation.jpg

also am wondering if anybody has some weapons to add some detail to an armoury ? ( no owen a crossbow and halberd won't count)

hope to do some more work on mon+ tues next week and will some corridors and doors to add, still on schedule to bring what i have on mon 27th if anyones interested
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:33 am

affraid Looking well good dude.
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 am

that looks blood splattering, flesh rippingly awesome Very Happy

regarding marines painted in cross-sword colors i have some marines that i painted with a cross-swords intro set theme in mind, and your free to use them wherever theyre of use but there may be one or 2 points i need to touch up on them first

if your interested give me a shout next your in club and i will bring them in with me but i only have norms and assault cannon plus a sarge
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: sentinel v   space hulk I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:25 am

cool , i'll be bringing my bits and pieces next monday (12th oct) for another rerun with James and Ant who'll be demo'ing the pyschic rules if anyones interested
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:57 pm

sounds cool, i'll be there
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 am

Ooooooo, i dont think i have anything planned... I -May- have a bit of a blast.
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:10 pm

ok been a bit of a ball breaker but am nearly done,you can't really grasp the size in the photo's placed together its nearly 5 metres long, has 27 rooms 66 doors and 333" of corridor. it has 4 missions and can have between 2 -14 players gentlemen sentinel v

space hulk Hulk1
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 am

Herculean effort mate! Looks well sweet! We should have massive painting bashes at club in order to get it done in time for the show. You have done an awesome job, and i am sure once it is all finished and sparkly, the effort will have been worth it! bounce
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Andy you rock I almost weed a bit when I saw it ^_^

I've got my Wolf Guard all painted up ready so Im in agreement with Mike we get out the Boltgun Metal and start painting at club in prep haha!!

Truly awesome efffort mate
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: sentinel v   space hulk I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Yo guys, once Xmas will bring the beast to the club. any help painting it will greatly appreciated! I guess theres two ways of doing it, I can have people round at mine on mondays or people can volunteer to adopt a piece like one of those charity adds ( "the loading bay was lonely and unloved and had to be demo'ed unpainted but for just £2 a month james will paint it for you") any other volunteers?
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Andy. Well done on producing a amazing layout. Bit worried that with different people painting it even sticking to basic colours it's still going to be different, even drybrushing you'll get bits that won't look the same.
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:25 am

It needs to be managed properly with people painting at the same time, making sure coats are even and consistant with everyone. Even if your (andy) happy to leave it at club and we paint mondays and Thursdays? I think yellow and black striping, blood etc will have to be a no, its bolt gun to start and then if time after we can apply more detail? what do you think. It needs to be sooner than later though, Im ready just tell me where to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

space hulk Empty
PostSubject: Re: space hulk   space hulk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

space hulk
Page 1 of 1