Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

need advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anthony_Lye
Cross-Swords Member
Anthony_Lye

need advice Empty
PostSubject: need advice   need advice I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Those who know me will know im using necrons in 40k at the mo and am starting to get the hang of them, but i have been told by quite a few people now that they are not a tournament army? This is disappointing as they seem to have awesome potential if fielded right to bring the hurt in a big way. Just wondered what you guys felt?? Please give your opinions thanks
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Necrons need big squads as their biggest weakness is the phase out. No point only fielding a few warriors bring the rain and field loads. They're as hard as marines and as resilient as a nob with a painboy at his side.

They're not fighters and Necrons have minimal combat units. Those they do have are either pricey in points or can only be fielded in small units so what does that tell you?...don't get in combat. To avoid combat. Stand back and shoot.. Make the enemy do all the work and force them towards you.

With destroyers you have the opportunity to volley long range fire which means the enemy is stuffed if they think they can stand back as well. They're in your range and with the we'll be back roll you'll win any attempt at a battle of attrition based on shooting only. To deal with you they will have to come for you and try and take you out in combat. As they reluctantly storm the field you use rapid fire, canons, monoliths and the Gauss technology to pick off the vehicles that close on you the quickest.

By the time things charge you, you should have reduced the squad sizes and destroyed their vehicle support. In combat you should outnumber most squads which will give you a slight advantage that should hopefully at least even the odds. Not in every case mind...

You need to be patient with Necrons and not get itchy fists. Combat is not an option really. You must have a large core of warriors which means you have to shoot and if necessary fall back a little to buy yourself time and stop enemy squads charging you.

In objective games they will work the best as they sit on objectives and you use spiders and Wraiths as support in the rear until they are needed. Destroyers act as gun platforms. Fire and manoeuvre.

Back to top Go down
Ed Matson
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Matson

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:27 am

Cant really give advice on how to use Necrons, but I know that if I face them I go for the warriors. If I can get into close combat with warrior squads then powerweapons and muliple attacks will wipe them out really fast and I should win buy default when the Necrons phase out......
Back to top Go down
James Cheeseright
Cross-Swords Member

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 pm

I'll second what James and Ed have said above, big units of warriors are what will win you games. I generally ignore monoliths/destroyers etc and work on smashing as many warriors as possible to cause a phase out, if there are too many warriors to make that a viable option things get tricky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: need advice   need advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need advice
Page 1 of 1