Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project Empty
PostSubject: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:29 am

Just up on the Bell of lost souls;

The Khardorian war engine, http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/12/warmachine-news-wrath-image-breaks.html

Looks like Swabs has his Molik and Tom will have his Gun carriage.....

James

Ps Have a good New Year all, when it comes
Back to top Go down
Adam Pearse
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:13 am

Looks pretty sweet!

Here's hoping the Cryx version will be full of awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:01 am

I'm not that excited about the Battle Fortress to be honest. I was hoping for some sort of Red Alert 2/3/4 Iron Curtain type of weapon that would make my jacks harder to kill for a round or something. I am looking forward to the new Warcaster 'The Iron Wolf' who pushes jacks behond the opperational limit Smile

As far as the Motherland is concerned i think we need a Man-O-War unit attachment and possibly an Assault Kommando UA or solo.

Im sure you cryx players will get some sort of auto win engine for 2 points......and it will have stealth and weapon master transferred to the whole army Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Adam Pearse
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:56 pm

2pts, don't talk crazy - i'm sure it wouldn't be any more than 1! (plus there's the cryx dice to make it even more powerful!).

Looking to start playing more reguarly again so hope to see you all for a game soon Smile
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:43 am

Dirty Cryx, I ain't changing faction after seeing this.....

http://minimusingofabear.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/i-know-i-said/

It's wrong yet so right, bet it costs 2pts cheers

Weep now for the Daddy of the machine wraiths is coming.......

Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I do worry that these big models will affect the very precise movement and measurements of WM & H..............

Dont get me started on the Cryx dice Ad,....i might fancy a game of BB, 40k, SH or fantasy for a small break when we start gaming in the new year....after a few games of WM&H that is Razz

Better than i thought!

Last edited by Tom Byrne on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam Pearse
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 pm

lol, I need the dice to give me a chance mate!!

Would prefer WM/H but happy to go for a 40k/fantasy to break things up a bit.

I know it's me and my multiple games but I have been looking at Malifaux recently. Really like the seetting and the rule set is supposed to be good. Not many models to paint again, strong UK scene - just thought it may be an idea for a change of pace??
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 am

And more importantly no dice rolls, its card based?

Agree on the models as they look well smart.

Back to top Go down
Adam Pearse
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah, it is card based. Looks like everything is done with a flip of a card + stat against a difficulty. You do have a hand though that you can use to 'cheat' to minimise the luck factor a little and adds more strategy as to when you use them.

Some info on their own site

http://www.wyrd-games.net/

Or reviews on Boardgame Geek

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/52328/malifaux

I personally like the Gremlin crew but that's just me!!
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 am

Anyway,

Seems like Ants now being catered for.......

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-1-05-2011

Not good news?
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Cygnar is next and it looks weird, can't wait to see the menoth...

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-1-06-2011

Do we know when they are going tonbe released.

James

Ps As a note the Hordes engines are coming as well, god knows what they are going to do for skorne?
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:07 pm

What will they do for skorne? Since i dont have my copy of the Witchfire trilogy at this house, could someone tell me if that massive elephant thing with a fortress on its back (no NOT a squiggoth) is skorne or khador?
Back to top Go down
James B
Cross-Swords Member
James B

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 am

Look what I found,

https://2img.net/h/i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355/Linkdead27/cryxengine.jpg

It looks so like a three point model??

Khador battle engine is looking like £55-50.

This could get expensive....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project   Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrath is coming or Tom's got a new painting project
Page 1 of 1