Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from a new Press Ganger

Go down 
+3
Adam Pearse
Mike Culpan
Ian Henderson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

Greetings from a new Press Ganger Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi there all,
Im Ian and a couple of months ago I became a Press Ganger for Privateer Press.
Just trying to get out and meet all the other PP players in the South West and was informed that Cross Swords has a very active community.

Hopefully I will meet some of you at PAW and then I want to try and come up for a couple of club visits soon after.

So, thats me I guess

Greetings!
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Hey dude, welcome to the forums! I am one of the WM players we have at the club although i dont play very often, when i do get a chance to do wargaming tis my game of choice. I look forward to seeing you at the club, also you should drop by our stand at the PAW event so we can get acquainted!

We do have alot more members who play PP games, but it appears they are being shy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:58 am

I will come and say hi at the show. Got a Warmachine demo table running there but I have some help so I should be free for a while.

I know why its like trying to find gamers. You have to dig them out of the woodwork. Smile
Back to top Go down
Adam Pearse
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 am

Here comes the first out of the woodwork!

Hi Ian, great to hear we have a Press Ganger in the area. I have not played for a few months (since a tournament in Exeter), but love Warmachine and will be down more reguarly once work has settled down again. I play mainly Cryx (don't hold it against me!), and have some Cygnar and Orboros.

I will also be at PAW so will come over for a chat then.

All the best,
Adam
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 am

Thats 2. Lets keep digging!

Will be great to meet up with everyone at PAW 2011.
I play Talion Pirates myself. (abit of a pirate fan personnaly)
My wife has just handed me the start of a Cryx pirate force aswell. So you not alone there Adam
Back to top Go down
Anthony_Lye
Cross-Swords Member
Anthony_Lye

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:40 am

Hi unfortunately i wont be around to meet you as im away with work but great to here your around. i play circle and am fairly new to PP usually playing 40k. But im really enjoying he change of game and will def be playing more hordes when i come home again.
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 am

I want to start coming up to the club as much as I can after PAW. So Im sure I will get to meet you there
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:22 am

Its not so much that i have been hiding in the woodwork more like bobbing and weaving with my Winter Guard conscripts through the rubble of another smashed Cygnar fortification.

Hey Ian, you are more than welcome to come down for a game. I would use this forum to arrange a day so that we dont miss each other. We battle on Mondays and Thursdays.....Monday is quieter and generally easier to get a table as there is less competition for space.

Good luck at PAW Komrad.

Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Destroying Cygnar is one of my favourite past times aswell.
As soon as I know when I can come up I will post it on here
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am

hey good luck with destroying my centurion!! Styker and Nemo FTW!!

oh and tom we got to go again with butcher need to still take him down with E/Nemo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 am

Shae never has a problem with those blue strangers No
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:47 am

Hi Ian, I am Swabs, I am very much looking forward to meeting you at PAW, I am the crazy Skorne player who doesn`t use MK that often (YES really!)

O, I also have Merc ( Magnus, Searforge) and a small Circle gathering.

Having recently ran my first tournament, which I thought was succesful, 14 players, and have competed in the Exeter tournament scene, coming 3rd ( Should have been 1st..meh!)

I would like to discuss tournament/social gathering ideas with you.

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Ian Henderson
Cross-Swords Member
Ian Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:08 am

A Skorne player without Molik? What has this world come to? Very Happy
Nice to see another Merc player aswell. I havent seen any others apart from myself in Cornwall yet.

Im always up for tourney and event plans. Just got my hands on an SR coin kit that needs using.
Feel free to contact me on my email or Facebook.
Email is hendybadger at aol.com
Theres also a WM/H facebook group. Warmachine and Hordes South West.
Trying to get comunication between all the players down here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new Press Ganger   Greetings from a new Press Ganger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a new Press Ganger
Page 1 of 1