Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON

Go down 
+5
Mike Culpan
Andi Avery
Ben Cushion
Martin Cooper
richayson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON Empty
PostSubject: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:21 am

On July 3rd we will be hosting an in club torney,it will be £6 to enter and will start as close to 10.30 as possible and finish about6/7

It will be a 4 game 1500 pt ,scenario based event open to any one in the club with a fantasy army.Due to size restrictions the max amount will be 16 people.

Prizes
There will be awards for the first 3 places in the form of trophies for 123 and a 1st and second trophy for any one under 20.So in theroy if you are under 20 you could win 2 first prizes!
Further more there will be a prize for the best narrative/made up history for your `Regiment of renown`

Scoring
all games will be vic pts based

20--masacure
17--solid victory
13--minor victory
10--draw
the rest of the 20 pts will go to the gallent loser
in the event of a draw after 4 games the winner will be decided on the amount of actual vic pts gained .
there will be no pts for painting
there will be no pts for bad/good sportsmanship (so you can growl at your opponant if you wish grrrrrr)

the first game will be drawn out of the lucky skaven hat ,after this the `swiss system will be employed

NOW TO THE GAMES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME 1
In order to spread Chaos and mayhem accrss warhammer world The Horned Rat himself has infultrated the minds of your minnions .In order to help mannkind,dwarfkind,elfkind,vampkind,lizkind,destroy eachother your army MUST include a skaven assassin free of charge to help you in your quest for world domination
As said this character does not count in your 1500pts he is a gift,a full set of rules will be availble soon but will follow all normal rules for a skaven assassin .The only exception is that the assassin can be hidden in any unit (you can put him with a cannon crew or hidding with a lone character if you want!!!!!!)
If during the game your assassin does what he is good at and kills an enermy hero you will gain extra pts.The same as you would for getting a standard 100

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME 2

Ther will be 4 markers on each table.2 to be placed by each player .one must be in your deployment zone and the other is your choice.You will gain 100 pts for each marker touched
There are consequenses for touching a marker (you didn`t think you`d get 100 pts for nothing did ya!When your unit/character touches a marker roll a D6 AND LOOK OUT
1 A ll your magic will now be at -2 to cast for the rest of the game
ie a spell needing 5 to cast now nedds a 7
2 all your shooting will be at -1 to hot as the marker has released a fog over your army.Further all non bs weapons will only fire on a 4+ for the rest of the game!

3 you will recieve a free magic item worth 50 pts to the unit or character which touches the marker.If this unit can`t normaly be able to carry magic items or have a champion you can nominate a champion in this unit and equip him/her with the gift.This newly nominated will now be a unit champion for the sake of challanges etc

4 the unit or character who reaches the marker (or both) will recieve the following gifts
+1 st,+1 toughness,+1 attack for each and every model in the unit

5 a comet will appear over the marker .scatter a artillary dice to see where it lands!!! On the roll of a miscast the comet has split and now 2 comets are coming OH SHIT!!!!!!!! SCATER THE 2 COMETS WITH ARTILLARY DICE.ON THE EVENT OF ANOTHER MISCAST JUST REROLL (2 comets are enough thank you very much)
the rule for comet will be supplied in advance

6 A giant appears on the marker .He`s a tad pissed off at being frozen in this place by a goblin shamen .His mind has been eroaded by fungus brew and has no loyalty to anyone!!!!!!!!once released scatter 2 d6 to see where he goes.If not in combat roll 2d6 at the start of each player turn even before charges.

you will get NO vic pts if you kill the giant ,but your opponant will get ¬the kill` pts for any unit destroyed by the giant so you better hope he doesn`t fall on you!

if you have a giant modle could you please bring it or leand it to someone thanks

================================================

GAME 3

Double vic pts for all rare and special units completly wiped out (no double for 1/2 units)

GAME 4

In addition to your 1500 pts army the horned rat has given you enough gold to hire a regiment of renown up to 250 pts
This can be a unit from any other army book,there will be no normal restictions on good/good or bad /bad combinations so if you wanted a skaven army could buy the services of a unit of wood elf wardancers etc
You CANNOT select a rare choice though .THey can be an established Regiment
of renown (please supply current rules) A infantry unit,cav ,skirmishers or even a cannon (just no rare choices)You are encouraged to come up with a wonderful combination .Please think up a narrative and history for your `dogs of war unit`as a prize will be made for the strangest story /combination

Unfortunatly as with all mercenaries they may bugger off at the most oppertune moment!!
From the start of turn 2 before charges roll a D6 and on a roll of 6 if your dogs are not in combat they leave the battle field immediatly.No pay No play they are off to fight with a better paymaster you tight git !!!!!!!

====================================================thanks for looking there are 16 places up for grabs if you have any queries please ask at any time hope you enjoy!!!!! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by richayson on Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:26 am

COMFIRMED ENTERANTS

Rich Ayson ==========Skaven
Max Ayson ==========Dark Elfs
Martin`snotty` Cooper===snotlings and orcs
Ben`tentative`Cushion===lizardmen
Andi Avery===========mystery entry
Rob Harvey==========vampires
Derek==============vampires
micheal Tetley=========tbc
Guy Ringham==========tbc
Matt Monk============poss dwarfs tbc

Last edited by richayson on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:47 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:00 am

I'm in with my snotlings of doom they will be when an assasin jumps out!
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:56 am

Looks awesome! Not sure if ill be here over summer so put me down as a tentitive yes. Would be using Lizardmen
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:23 am

Ben Cushion wrote:
Looks awesome! Not sure if ill be here over summer so put me down as a tentitive yes. Would be using Lizardmen

summer? lol!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:18 am

im in mate

Using a combo army of undecisiveness and procrastination
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:57 am

I think u should play a list tailored by mr cushion if he comes higher than you at Cardiff. Like a dwarf combat only army!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:40 pm

i think suicide will be more on the menu!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 10:46 am

Just a thought, your rules might benefit from a review closer to the time. As and when 8th comes out and some new ideas could become possible.
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:22 pm

I think this will b with 7th
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:00 am

this will be a farewell to 7th compertion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:41 am

after a bit of a think the prizes/trophies will be as follows
Throphies for first 3 places and a new catorgary of under 20`s which will be a trophy for 1st and 2nd,persons under 20.
obviously if some one under 20 wins over all they will recieve both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:15 pm

he he just give max the trophy now mate, is he the only under 20?

very much looking forward to this beauty
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:33 pm

JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT OPEN TO ALL AND INVOLVE THE YOUNGER MEMBERS AS WELL
(IT WASN`T MAX`S IDEA HONEST lol! )
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm

I think it's a great idea to give Max, Ed (Grim), Owen and some of our other younger (less regular) players a chance at some glory.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:51 pm

ohhh prizes, il play Smile
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:00 pm

owen `s mental age of under 20 won`t get him into this age group Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:49 pm

im interested in playing Smile
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:57 pm

welcome aboard does hesitate to ask for details Very Happy
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 am

with 10 now confirmed we are filling up nicely only 6 places left book time off early to avoid dissapointment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Rich.

Was talking to Owen today regarding trophies, there's a shop in Plymouth that sells trophies, there's 3 different sizes of the same style. The large one is £12.00, the medium is £10.00 & the smallest is £8.00.

They also do engraving as well. The 1st word is free, then it's 90p per word.

Hope this helps you if you're looking for trophies.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON   CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CROSSSWORDS TORNEY IS ON
Page 1 of 1