Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ogre Gut Magic ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 am

Hey guys i have gone over this and it makes perfect sense to me but apparently everyone else cant grasp it (that being the guys in the paw tournament)

In the ogre FAQ it states to ignore the fifth paragraph, the fifth paragraph states........

unlike remains in play spells, a butcher may have more than one gut magic spell in play at any one time, although no unit may have more than one gut magic spell in play upon it at any one time.

so this means that ogres can have more than one gut magic spell in play on them at any one time.

I am sure i am right but obvi other peoples comments are more important, in the rulebook under the definition of hex's it states that bonuses and penalties from hex, augment and other spells are cumaltive, but normally cannot take any charecteristic above ten.

So through this i can say that if a unit had an augament spell cast on it twice from to different wizards it would get both bonuses.

Which therefore means if a butcher casts +1 toughness every turn for four turns and the enemy player does not take any of them out the ogre unit will have +4 toughness.

In the rulebook it also says that remains in play spells cannot be cast more than once if the spell is still in play, Gut Magic spells are not reamins in play and are only dispelled as such, to argue my point more in the ogre army book it states that "An Opponent may dispell any gut magic spell in his own magic phase caas though it was a reamins in play spell st with a power level of 7"

What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 pm

all augment spells in the new edition last untill your wizards next magic phase so unless it states it has to be dispelled it ends the next magic phase does the faq say ogre gut magic are augment spells or not
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm

ogre gut magic spell are in play untill someone dispells it on a 7+

they are not called augament but are reffered so they come under the other section
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:32 pm

michael tetley wrote:

unlike remains in play spells, a butcher may have more than one gut magic spell in play at any one time, although no unit may have more than one gut magic spell in play upon it at any one time.

so this means that ogres can have more than one gut magic spell in play on them at any one time.

Question scratch study
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm

The ogre FAQ says to ignore this paragraph which would therefore mean that ogres can have more than one Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:58 pm

id say it was wrong but you never know if your opponent doesnt remember to dispell the spells thats his problem as if thats what the faq says then thats the answer just have the FAQ with you when you play

it will probably be sorted out whne they redo ogres whenever that is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ogre Gut Magic ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ogre Gut Magic ?   Ogre Gut Magic ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ogre Gut Magic ?
Page 1 of 1