Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Cup Tournament - It's over!

Go down 
+17
andy white
Ed Matson
max ayson
Chrishorsley
ogre jon
Rob Harvey
michael tetley
Jeremy Grimoldby
James Tregale
richayson
Daniel richards
Swabs
Dave Jakowyszyn
matt monk
Andi Avery
Lee Stubbs
Rob Farmer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:48 am

A thousand generations ago, when the world was still young and its skies were filled with the sires of dragons; before even the coming of the Old Ones...

22 warriors came together to do combat and prove who was mightiest. After an eternity of battle, only two remained. Known only as "The Assassin" and "The Big Show" they had crushed all before them and all that remained was to see who was master of life and who was the slave of death. No seer could guess the final result.

The Final Match of the Warhammer Tournament will be Andi Avery (Orcs and Goblins) vs Kev Shillito (Warriors of Chaos)
The Third Place Play-Off will be Jeremy Grimoldby (Dark Elves) vs Ed Matson (Tomb Kings)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:07 pm

It's over!

Congratulations to Andi who walked away with the first prize once again. king

Congratulations also to Kev (second) and Jeremy (third) who well deserved their respective trophies.

Thanks very much to everyone who was involved - 22 players over three months of gaming! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Well it is indeed over

I want to thank all my worthy opponants I faced over the last millennia!

Tonights game was a right humdinger, Thanks to Kev for a mega tight game.

It was very close and the game was definatly swinging from one side to the other, it was one of those games where you look at the dead piles and really really cant call the result. I think the cheap chaff saved me as i could afford to lose it as long as i could get my big unit in the right place at the right time. Kev played a great game and his list was horrible, testament to the good player he is.

Im very happy that the 7th edition orcs and gobbos could go out with a bang and do it in style, but im not sad to not play it again as im enjoying the new book loads.

Sweet stuff so Rob whens the next tourney?
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:04 am

Well played all. Yer when the next one as I would love a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Cup Tournament - It's over!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: