Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

info about armys

Go down 
+3
Rob Harvey
Daniel richards
Daniel_ Hilliard
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm

What do you guys think would be a cheaper army to build and play.
Lizardmen or skaven I currently have skaven but feel to have a good army I'm going to need lots of models equals lots of cash. Am I right in this or will lizard men cost me just as much. Also any one that plays lizardmen can you tell me abit about what there like to play. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm

there magic is very very very powerfull there character are powerfull plus there core units are poweull too you can make lots of themed armies my favourites are skink based armies as there fun to play against and fun to win with as a skink isnt suppose to beat many things so its quite amazing when they win combats and win games

if there is anything else you want to know ask and il try to answer for you
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 am

My main thing is I have changed army so many times now its unreal I have skaven at the mo but fined there lack of cav models a turn off. I do like lizard men but I also have to factor in cost of changing and I might not like them even if I change. Main reason I wanna change is skaven army is all the same well all look the same. Only things that stand out are the big stuff which is expensive. Not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 am

if you want variety id say orcs and gobbos if your looking at price try ebay. Iv changed armies a couple of times and im looking now to sell my HE so i can start warriors of chaos. I suppose really its all a matter of personal choice. I think the best thing you can do is maybe proxy your models for ones you want to try and see if someone will give you a few games before you decide to splash out your hard earned cash.
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:13 am

Daniel richards wrote:
skink based armies as there fun to play against

Thats the first time i have heard this?

Skinks are horrible to play against!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 pm

i always strive to amake games i play in fun for both player involved or else theres no incentive for them to play me again so i usually try to make game as fun as possible by taking a all around army with some bite but not too much beard
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:33 am

Daniel richards wrote:
i always strive to amake games i play in fun for both player involved or else theres no incentive for them to play me again so i usually try to make game as fun as possible by taking a all around army with some bite but not too much beard

What is this fun you talk about?
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am

They not fun then.?
Back to top Go down
Chrishorsley
Cross-Swords Member
Chrishorsley

Location : Too close to the water. Damn those seagulls keeping me up.

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Lizardmen are a good solid army. However their cavalry is rubbish. With charging units going on initiative they became pants overnight.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:37 pm

ok if not lizardmen what about wood elves ? any one give me some info on them ie play style and cost ?
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:28 am

When it comes to woodies Rob F is the man to speak too
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Or other option should I stick with skaven. Does and one know any good tatics for skaven. or ways to build a skaven army on the cheap
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Wood Elves are a great army. There's plenty of variety in troop type from flying cavalry to monstrous infantry, and in the models, with both Forest Spirits and Asrai in the mix. You can pick a combat list with Treemen, Treekin and Dryads or you can play more ranged attacks with Glade Guard and Waywatchers. Or combine the two. You won't find much armour or tricksy war machines, and the magic phase is a bit one-dimensional, but overall the Wood Elves give you every opportunity to build a strong list that looks great on the table. Most importantly, Woodies are not particularly powerful in 8th, so every win can be chalked up to your superior generalship, while every loss is due to your skirmishers being nerfed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Rob would you say them overly expensive to collect I know Warhammer is all expensive. But as far as I can tell seeing ill need more rats to make big hordes. Where as wood elves I would need less on the table so sure means less cost.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Just brought my first unit of dryads from eBay brand new in box. Really cheap
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Wood Elves are one of the less expensive armies to collect. A couple of battalion sets and some big trees will be enough for a balanced starter army. The GW Treeman and Treekin are expensive but there are ways round it. My treekin include the old treeman model which you can pick up off ebay for a few pounds.
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 am

Ok cool thanks rob last thing how do you paint your dryads ? And any chance of a pic ?
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Dryads are dead simple to paint - base colour of dark brown or green followed by some drybrushing, highlighting and washing. Even I can paint a unit in an evening and I'm rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 am

dont listen to him daniel his army is bloody well done.Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 am

I know I have seen it. Look amazing that's why I was asking some hits tip from the master. Is there any one else that collects wood elves with some advice ? Ie base colour ?
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 am

Rob F is the guru/ninja wood elf general Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 am

Hey rob f do you have a game lined up this Thursday that you would not mind me watching your skills. If I can get there.
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 am

I am playing Andi on Thursday and we are trying out our lists for the South Coast GT. You're very welcome to watch.
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 am

Daniel_ Hilliard wrote:
I know I have seen it. Look amazing that's why I was asking some hits tip from the master.

Don't say that his head is already big enough No
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Rob do you still find that wood elves are competitive under 8th ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

info about armys Empty
PostSubject: Re: info about armys   info about armys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

info about armys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next