Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Squad choice for Space Hulk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JamesLye
JamesLye

Squad choice for Space Hulk Empty
PostSubject: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:21 am

Hey all

I got a box of Wolf Guard Terminators for my birthday today. The idea is I use them for Space Hulk as I love the puppies and I cant
afford a whole army of them for 40K. Of course you only get 5 in a box!?!?!? what a dilemma.

What would you take as your squad of 5? I've played the game quite a bit now and am aware of the advantages of the different weapons however I only have 5 to choose. Im thinking:

1 x Thunder hammer + Storm Shield
1 x Assault Cannon
2 x Storm Bolter + Powerfist
1 x Storm Bolter + Chainfist

I chose the assault cannon over the flamer as you get more ammo and its reliable as it rolls 3 dice on a 5+ and never jams. Bolters fr general usage and a Thunder hammer Sgt because they are nailz lol

Any comments on this? They are not yet built this will happen tomorrow so any comments tonight would be valued ^_6

Cheers all
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Hm, it all depends really. Personally i prefer the flamer to the assault cannon. When used in specific missions the flamer can win you the game. Strategic placing of a flame template can make a potentially hairy situation turn into a 99% safe space for at least a turn. And with more strategic placing gain you quite a few turns, which combined with a few lucky cp rolls sometimes make it a bit of a instawin model. Other than that, tis what i would take too.
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Assault Cannon FTW! Apart from that, looks good to me. Cool
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks for the advice. The flamer can be excellent at stalling the stealers allowing the marines to move forward rapidly but it only has 5 shots. Some missions play to the strength of the flamer I agree but I need to think beyond the few and remember that I will be using the sqaud as my constant unit and therefore I will probably still favour the Cannon over the Flamer as it offers more versatility in that it can clear rooms just as easily and on overwatch and stall the stealers just as well as the flamer. The Flamer may kill on 2+ but it only has 5 shots then the model is useless, the assault cannon has essentially 20 shots and is just a lethal as the flamer and on those grounds alone it makes the cut in my eyes.

What does FTW mean lol??

Cheers for the opinions
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:33 pm

FTW - "For the win!"
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 am

FTW lol damn straight ^_~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squad choice for Space Hulk   Squad choice for Space Hulk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squad choice for Space Hulk
Page 1 of 1