Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Doubles Results

Go down 
+10
Lee Stubbs
Ben Cushion
Ed Breddy
Jeremy Grimoldby
richayson
Jay Court
Ed Grimoldby
max ayson
Andi Avery
Rob Farmer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 am

All quarter-final matches have been played and the draw for the semi-finals is as follows:

Andi + Derek vs Simon + Tom
Kev + Andy vs Rich + Ben

Matches to be played at your earliest convenience. No highest losers or draws from now on...

May the best dwarf win!
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:48 am

thanks kev / andy what a great game the most fun you can leagally have on a thurs night.realy luved the models esp hellcanons. think we`ll have to come up with a game plan for the semi`s as i`m sure your magic will work next time (might have to put on warpstone undies!!!!!!!!)
if you want to suppliment your blunderbuses for more dogs me and ben have no probs with that although bens built a doomdiver test range so look out
again thanks for a great game played in the true spirit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

death to all stumpy things and earthshakers every where
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 am

who won last night in the semi
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:06 am

Simon & Tom won by what seem to be (although I maybe wrong) a massacre. I think the Vampires were almost wiped out to a man/vampire!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:43 am

hmmm not so my friend there were still some thngs on the board including a 500pt general
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:17 am

Running away from a unit of CORSAIRS Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 pm

A unit in which my scouts unreliably told me an assassin was hiding! Ha cant get the staff these days.
And to be fair they were only dogs
Good luck to simon and tom in the final>
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm

The second semi-final is done and dusted with honours going to the chittering/green horde of Ben "the Cushion" Cushion and Richard "Skaven Rich" Ayson. The final, then will be Tom and Simon's Dark Elves vs the aforementioned duo.

Good luck to both teams!
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:39 am

Rob Farmer wrote:
The second semi-final is done and dusted with honours going to the chittering/green horde of Ben "the Cushion" Cushion and Richard "Skaven Rich" Ayson. The final, then will be Tom and Simon's Dark Elves vs the aforementioned duo.

Good luck to both teams!

Are you saying ben and rich are in the final?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? affraid
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 am

totally are my friend
best game we`ve had so far real good fun against tough opponents a real pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
ben was on fire and finally got grimgor in to combat for the first time all torney
game was an absolute pleasure to play in with the game in the balance untill kev and andy had a horrific turn 3 failing with the earth shaker stopping both the blunderbus units from firing into our frenzy troops about 2 `` away ,then miscasting on the level 4 wiz general with 1 wound left needing a 6 to wound with a strenght 2 hit and pow one dead wiz(yippeeeeeeeee)dice gods be praised cheers
from here it went from bad to worse for the stumpy ones with charges on turn4 from
doomwheel --hobgoblins (wiped out )overrun into boltthrower(killed)
ratogres --blunderbus unit (wiped out) overrun into earthshaker(destroyed)
hellpit -- sorcerer squashed big time
grimgor -- marauders (wiped out)
orcs -- into hellcannon stale mate to turn 6

when the dust settleed not alot left but rats and orcs
you know its your day when even the giant rats rally after fleeing from the hellcannon nice
all whats left to do is kidnap maxs darkelfs and torture a game plan out of themcant wait for thurs lucky hat on standby
thanks for a great game boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:06 am

richayson wrote:
totally are my friend
best game we`ve had so far real good fun against tough opponents a real pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
ben was on fire and finally got grimgor in to combat for the first time all torney
game was an absolute pleasure to play in with the game in the balance untill kev and andy had a horrific turn 3 failing with the earth shaker stopping both the blunderbus units from firing into our frenzy troops about 2 `` away ,then miscasting on the level 4 wiz general with 1 wound left needing a 6 to wound with a strenght 2 hit and pow one dead wiz(yippeeeeeeeee)dice gods be praised cheers
from here it went from bad to worse for the stumpy ones with charges on turn4 from
doomwheel --hobgoblins (wiped out )overrun into boltthrower(killed)
ratogres --blunderbus unit (wiped out) overrun into earthshaker(destroyed)
hellpit -- sorcerer squashed big time
grimgor -- marauders (wiped out)
orcs -- into hellcannon stale mate to turn 6

when the dust settleed not alot left but rats and orcs
you know its your day when even the giant rats rally after fleeing from the hellcannon nice
all whats left to do is kidnap maxs darkelfs and torture a game plan out of themcant wait for thurs lucky hat on standby
thanks for a great game boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!

sounds like an awesome game
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 am

Nothing against you Richy mate but i know you have to play with Ben so that brings you down a lot!! hee hee hee.

Saying that you'll proabably win the whole thing with your nasty army of ratness and doom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andi hopefully you`ll right Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: semi final   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm

yep really absorbing game with lots going on , would love to blame the lack of luck but ben rolled as many turds as i did (mm not to self maybe I should play Ben more often!!) Have to admit your victory was deserved. Felt right up to the end that we could have stolen something. but good luck in the final and cheers to the organisers for bowing out in the first round . Ben youre welcome for a game anytime, Rich if I see that doomwheel i'm gonna stamp on it!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:14 pm

andy white wrote:
cheers to the organisers for bowing out in the first round .

Your welcome. It wouldn't be fair to win all my own tournaments. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:54 am

Rich has pretty much summed it up for me, was a great and fun battle. Now that Grimgor has finally tasted blood he is ready to do some smashin and bashin against those dirty elves. Twisted Evil
The Doom Diver and Spear chukkas are back at the target range working extra hard thanks to thier abysmal performance.

Would be great to play you Andy, Thursday 25th Feb sound good? Will be taking 2000pts Lizardmen as I need to practise for a tourny coming up.
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: 25th feb   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Ben, consider yourself booked!
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 pm

congrats simon and tom
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 am

cheers boyz wot a great game
felt we could have just pipped you near the end but it wasn`t to be (damed assasin
we road our luck through the early shooting and to be honest was very surprised to get all the units and doomwheel/hellpit into combat
would i do anything different, certainly not the game was played in a hard competitive spirit just a shame poor old grimgor got wiped out in his moment of glory!

ben consider your self booked for the next doubles games Very Happy

thanks for a great well organised torney owen /rob same again next week!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 am

THANKS FOR A GREAT DOUBLES TORNEY OWEN AND ROB
NICE TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE PLAYING FANTASY

BOUT TIME YOU ORGANISED SOMETHING ELSE ITS BEEN WEEKS!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Congratulations to Simon and Tom. I hear it was a brutal game worthy of the final match in the tournament. I liked the way it ended up with a horde army vs an elite army too.

Thanks to everyone who took part. We had more gamers involved in this tournament than in any before. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:09 am

Epic win
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 am

Well done to Simon & Tom worthy winners I think you would agree Very Happy also well done to Rich & Ben for making it a final to remember and finally a really big special thank you to everybody that took part and made this the biggest tournament in Cross-Swords history, 22 players is an awesome feet, go on give yourselves a pat on the back Razz

Stay tuned for more Fantasy events coming very soon!!
Back to top Go down
Ben Cushion
Cross-Swords Member
Ben Cushion

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 am

Congrats to the winners was definetly the best game of the tourny. Will never forget about assasins and Grimgor won't either. Razz

Also a big thank you to Owen and Rob for organising the event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Doubles Results   Fantasy Doubles Results - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Doubles Results
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3