Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

15pts khador list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 am

hi im just getting into warmachine and have been told 15pts is a good starting point to learn the rules so this is what ive come up with;

Karchev the terrible
greylord ternion
man-o-war shock troopers
spriggon

what do you think any feed back would be great cheers
matt
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:45 pm

Spriggon is a good choice at 15pts, but if you're set on using Karchev I suggest better synergy can be achieved with:

Karchev the Terrible
Beast-09
Devastator

Very difficult to get to grips with this kind of Khador list.

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Both lists look good and as with any game system smaller games tend to be more scissor-paper-stone. Robs list with
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?32297-GenCon-P3-Competition-Gold-winning-Elite-Assault-Commandos-and-Strakhov-Battlegroup&p=471553#post471553 , would totally overpower most (90%) opponents in an unknown opponent format; ie leauge or tourney.

Matts list looks to be heading towards Karchev tier 4 bonus for bigger games were heavy jacks are 1 point cheaper.......and the more jacks you field the bigger point advantage you have over your opponent!

Variables i would add to the topic and general Wm/h info are:

- Small games are for learning and losing should be just seen as experience....i lost loads and still do! (as a club i think in all systems we play fair and well!)

- Fulfilling the tiers is not always as good as a standard list!!!

- In smaller games the Spriggans versatilaty is not optimised (personal opinion) although he/it is still awesome.

- MoW shock troops work better in 5 man units and second wave combat troops in bigger games although there is MoW mechanic comimg out which may have good benificial bonuses. Any time soon is the plastic/resin Mow box set which should be cheaper to buy and give all the weapon options....pure speculation though!

- Additional new tiers are being added, the new No-Quarter magazine has another tier for two existing warcasters so dont chase the tiers thinking thats all there will ever be!

- I field Winter Guard infantry with all the upgrades but the models which while characterful are a little dated should be getting a resulpt soon so a heads up!

- Warmachine/Hordes doesnt use loads of models so get your models well made (pinned) and painted! Robs done a cracking job on his tree hippies. (I like having a playable painted force for any game system, you never know when you will go back to it!)

- Design an army/force yourself and enjoy the learning experience, coping an internet list is Sleep

- Crush the enemies of the motherland!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Tom Byrne wrote:
Robs done a cracking job on his tree hippies.

Cheers dude. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anthony Cross
Admin
Anthony Cross

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:08 pm

if it looks cool and you like the feel of it just field it!!!!!!!!!!!
everything works cos everythings bent!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cross-swords.co.uk
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 am

ok i think i have come up with a new 15pts list

sorscha
juggernaut
destroyer
winter guard mortar
war dog

all i need to buy for this list is the mortar and war dog then hopefully i will be able to try it out

what do you think
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 am

really wana get into this when i get back! look the models and sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Matt: from your post i take it you have the Khador battle box, its a good value set whether you want to play Sorcha or not and Juggy & destroyer can fit into any list.....i think Smile

Whatever you choose you will change and also add-to heading towards 35-50 pts with a variety of casters. Playing Warmachine is about playing the faction!.......and to confuse you more you can also have a bucket load of Mercenaries Surprised

I also remember you having Vostroyan Imperial Guard, these can make excellent Warmachine Khador models: Winter Guard blunderbuss infantry and rifle corp, Widowmakers and marksmen solos, the mortar team and field gun......just a £££ saving thought!

Rob: if you want a demo im sure i can find some models.
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 am

cheers mate, wont be for at least another 6 months as im goin away, although il probably take up your offer then Smile
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 am

ok have ordered the stuff for my for 15pts, i am looking to get the great bears of gallows wood when i move upto 25pts but not sure what to spend the other pts on i want to run some solos so any advice on what solos work well with sorcha and/or the great bears would be cool.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Tom Byrne
Cross-Swords Member

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:59 am

There so many options it will depend on what your stratagy is going to be Matt, best get some games in to see what Sorcha can do and suits you best.

I will be at the club Monday and Thursday so i will bring some toy soldiers.

Have a look at the RankingsHQ website under the tv section as there are 2 interviews with two top Warmachine players(1USA, 1UK) who both use Khador!

Good multi-format gaming vidz

Good Luck komrad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

15pts khador list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15pts khador list   15pts khador list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15pts khador list
Page 1 of 1