Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

space marine army list opinions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

space marine army list opinions Empty
PostSubject: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:15 pm

hey guys, just drawn up a marine list based around drop pods, wanna hear what you guys think of it, and get a bit of feedback

i am considering dropping 2 speeders in favor of some extra weaponry on the others but it comes to a nice 2000 spot on

HQ

Master Of The Forge
Digital Weapons Power Sword

Troops

Tactical Squad
Power Weapon Melta Bombs
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad
Power Weapon Melta Bombs
Drop Pod

Elites

Sternguard Veteran Squad
Extra Veterans x5 Power Weapon
Melta Bombs Meltagun x2
Drop Pod

Sternguard Veteran Squad
Extra Veterans x5 Power Weapon
Melta Bombs Meltagun x2
Drop Pod

Heavy Support

Ironclad Dreadnought
Drop Pod Assault Launchers

Ironclad Dreadnought

Ironclad Dreadnought

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Squadron x2

Land Speeder Squadron x3

Land Speeder Squadron x3
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:20 am

Its lame. Its marine list. Nuff said
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:30 am

EDIT: Thanks for the info Ed. Problem Solved
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:16 am

looks like a good list. I'm aloways wary of drop pods as you cannot assault on the first turn so they're sitting ducks. As an ork player I enjoy destroying them. They land and squishy pink hoomies gets out and dey just stand there...pickin their noses and stuff. So i go ins see and gives em a good clobbering huh huh!! Units that disembark are easy prey. the trick is making sure theres the support on the ground to give the units time to disembark and either charge or get into cover.
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:46 pm

yea i do understand the floor in not being able to charge on the first turn which is why a few have some bigger guns so was also thinking about dropping the speeders for more tacticals and maybe a thunderfire cannon, what u think?
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:28 am

I dont know about the speeders etc, but you cant shoot a heavy gun when you come out of a drop pod. You count as having moved.
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:45 am

dont have the codex to immediate hand but i think the meltaguns are assault and i suppose the thunderfire cannon not being able to fire would be a good point, there is another squad that has slow and purposefull like terminators but i believe they have the arrive in the nick of time thing
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Speeders are good on the ground as they can get every where quick lol. A dready is a good idea, if it were me I'd drop most of my pods in the same area to avoid the enemy isolating your units. A pod with troops and a pod with a dread would be a good combo or something similar. I never send units alone no matter what army i take. If troops are going to disembark, have something with them to distract the enemy and buy the squad time. Preferably something formiddable in combat or well armoured thats going to give them something else to worry about and that has a better than average chance of surviving that first round following the drop when all your units will be at their weakest and most vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:21 am

so if i take 3 tactical squads drop them in 1 for 1 with my ironclads?

problem is to have 3 tacticals i gotta drop the speeders which also gives me more units to claim objectives if thats the gamemode
Back to top Go down
JamesLye
JamesLye

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:28 am

Me being aggressive I always build an army assuming its going to be for annihilation games lol. Troops are an obvious must and at times some squads may be left to fend for themsleves, thats why they're The Emperors chosen Wink but my point is to try and provide support for each squad that drops in else they're toast...ducks in a barrell...Turkey Shoot, you get the point ^_~ Im hulking tonight by the way if your interested?
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 am

was thinkin bout paintin but will see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey Chris, looking good so far. have you thought about Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators as a 2+ save & 3+ inv save is kinda cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:45 pm

yeah sounds good though i wanted to avoid terminators as theyre expensive and you cant get many in a pod which is the main base of the list
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Fair enough. What about 10-man Assault marine squads, o.k there's no drop pods but they still follow your "death from above" theme.
Back to top Go down
Chris Culpan
Cross-Swords Member
Chris Culpan

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

sounds good, will price it up tonight cos i may not be fond of them for costs but if termies works out the same i may as well do them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: space marine army list opinions   space marine army list opinions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

space marine army list opinions
Page 1 of 1