Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Cup Tournament - It's over!

Go down 
+17
andy white
Ed Matson
max ayson
Chrishorsley
ogre jon
Rob Harvey
michael tetley
Jeremy Grimoldby
James Tregale
richayson
Daniel richards
Swabs
Dave Jakowyszyn
matt monk
Andi Avery
Lee Stubbs
Rob Farmer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 am

well the turn before i needed a ten on 2 dice to charge a unti of gors, they would of fided and i needed to over run at least 2 inches to hit the flank of his minotaurs.
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Results updated. Awaiting the result of Jay vs Matt before I can be sure who the final qualifiers are...
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:05 pm

matt won that game, he will send you the details Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:40 am

Ok, so the results are in. With only Ed and Jon to play (the result of which cannot affect who qualifies, we now know who the 16 Second Round players will be. (See OP for final standings.)

It's thank you and good bye to Swabs, Lawrence, James, Dave M, Dave J and Jay.

The draw for the Second Round will take place on Thursday 24th March.
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:46 am

i wont be able to make it on the 24th but if you put draw on forum i will be availible for my game the following week
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:55 am

matt monk wrote:
i wont be able to make it on the 24th but if you put draw on forum i will be availible for my game the following week

I don't expect the games to take place on the same night as the draw. I will do the draw early in the evening and if guys want to play their matches that night then that's great. I already know of a couple of gamers who can't make it next week or have already arranged alternative games. I think it's fine if we have a breather before the knock-out stage.
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:22 am

thats cool still dunno how i managed to get this far lol, think playing hide and seek in last nights game played a big part in it
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 am

Lawrance, I'm so sorry about lastnights game, i sware you must have cought my bad luck for that game. Sad we'll have to arrange a friendly rematch at some point.

And affraid affraid affraid affraid how did i get though to round two.
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:34 am

Well now it is a contest of champions Twisted Evil

Good luck everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 am

bet i get andi avery in the next round to make it 5 games in the last 7 against him Crying or Very sad
wouldn`t mind but played 5 lost 5 doesnt bode well Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

rob try and rig it so i can play someone else for a change

and swabs whatever the draw will play you as arranged nextweek
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 am

how the heck did i get through?!
i just pray that i don't see another large based horde death star next round! (i played swabs mino death star and mikes ogre star in a row, three in a row and i dought i could handle the carnage!)
whoever i play shou.ld be fun though , just hope its not to hard a game ha
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 am

What do I get for least VP`s....40k rule book Razz

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
James Tregale
Cross-Swords Member
James Tregale

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Damn it, even the glory of last place has been taken away from me.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Max what about the skinks you forgot the skinks lol well after 2 wins and a draw im through not bad for a new list ive only used 4 times
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 pm

dan- nasty for sure, but theirs something diffrently terrifying about a super horde of things twice your soldiers height Neutral
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:08 pm

oh mike just so you know what you have been doing with you ogre magic is correct i found the answer you were looking for when it comes to ogre gut magic i knew you needed the clarification to show people if ogre magic remains in play the answer to the ogre gut magic question is on page 36 a wizard can only cast 1 remain in play spell per spell not multiples as keeping one in play takes his concentration but he can cast other spells so mike can have multiple remain in play spells but not doubles cast by the same butcher only way to get doubles is to have 2 butchers/slaughtermasters cast the same spell but that can only be done once for each spell so he can have 2 remain in play spells of each type aslong as he has 2 different casting butchers/slaughter masters hope that helps with tournaments also keep your FAQ as i dont have it in front of me here im presuming ogre gut magic is a remains in play spell
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 am

its not remains in play tho dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 am

Nerf please Razz
WAAAAIIITTT I got Ogres aswell.......

Buff please Basketball
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 pm

if its not a remain in play spell it cant be dispelled in my magic phase mike that makes no sense so ogre gut magic is a own speciifc spell type which isnt in the rulebook sounds odd to me
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Having looked at the OK book, the FAQ and the BRB and having done some covert ops on the Ogre Stronghold, I'm happy that Mike is playing it right.

Gut Magic is not the only "unusual" spell type; Tomb Kings incantations work in a different way to normal spells as well.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm

ok i may need this to be explain further as im more confused then ever lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave Jakowyszyn
Cross-Swords Member
Dave Jakowyszyn

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:59 am

Swabs wrote:
What do I get for least VP`s....40k rule book Razz

Tyrant Swabs

Hold your horses Swabs, that wooden spoon is mine! (360VPs)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ayearoffrugalgaming.com/
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:54 am

Hi all, won't be there for the draw on Thursday but to who ever I am picked to play against in the group stages-I can be there on the Monday 27th to play our game which would be the ideal or the thursday 31st-Would prefer Monday Im meant to be RPGing on the Thursday!
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 pm

im guessing the draw is tomorrow does anyone have a idea what time the draw will be
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:17 am

I will do the draw fairly early. Sometime just after 7 probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Cup Tournament - It's over!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: