Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Cup Tournament - It's over!

Go down 
+17
andy white
Ed Matson
max ayson
Chrishorsley
ogre jon
Rob Harvey
michael tetley
Jeremy Grimoldby
James Tregale
richayson
Daniel richards
Swabs
Dave Jakowyszyn
matt monk
Andi Avery
Lee Stubbs
Rob Farmer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:05 pm

look i dont really care but its just annoying ok, i know people are busy and it doesnt matter.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

back on tournament topic ive just been looking at the results from last thursday and ive noticed that derek the destroyer has claimed his first victory
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Updated. Congratulations to Chris who is the first to qualify for Round 2, winning both his games in Group 6. A death match between Jay and Matt will decide who joins him.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

jay vs matt thats going to be close as both know each others tactics and armies so its literally a doubles partners against each other to see who is better
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:57 am

the funny thing is me and jay have never played against each other in fantasy!

the knights of brettonnia are marching to war and their next stop is altdorf. the empire shal be crushed under the hoofs of a thousand horses.

we march for the king

we fight for the lady

jay your boys in pjamas are going down!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:35 am

Unfortunatly matt, im pretty sure that you cant get a thousand hooves in at 2400pts. Maybe your cheating? He he

Rob I request a hoof count in the Brettonian army!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 am

Andi Avery wrote:
Rob I request a hoof count in the Brettonian army!!!

Vlad de Mort, Hoof Count of Mousillon. (Duke Statline)

Equipment: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Barded Warhorse
Magic Items: Lance of Mousillon - Lance. Vlad has the Devastating Charge and Killing Blow special rule.
Shield of Arkhan - Vlad is immune to damage caused by spells cast by Vampire Counts.
Vlad is a Level 2 Magic caster who must use Lore of Death.

175pts
Back to top Go down
Chrishorsley
Cross-Swords Member
Chrishorsley

Location : Too close to the water. Damn those seagulls keeping me up.

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

That sir is funny. If i was wearing a hat i would tip it to you.
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 am

i will try him out one day lol

and as for hoof count andi i have 110 hoofs in my army lol
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:03 pm

speaking of hooves its swabs first tournament game thursday and he can expect no mercy the javelin hurling skinks are coming if anyone doubts how much damage a skink with a javelin can do ask max Very Happy
Back to top Go down
max ayson
Cross-Swords Member
max ayson

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 am

a skink javalin can do nothing their useless......

the poison they they smear the javelins with though that.... yes that is nasty

pale <- what skink poison does

ogres should be fun tonight, elves may be squishy but ogres are just dumb brutes lol just hope they don't trn themselves to stone to often, or give themselves regenaration
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 pm

My guys may be dumb brutes but they can count

2646 victory points to 0 was it Twisted Evil

jokes dude thanks for the awesome game, real challenge to be honest
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Tables updated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:08 pm

ive just realised that the high elves have had another bad week the took another kicking i really believed they would be destroying people with there always strike firstness and powerfull magicness anyway i thought high elves were one of the top armies for tournaments in 8th ?

if i can take 22 rampaging minotaurs my game next week against your ogres mike will be fun a win for either of us decides who goes through in position 1 from group 1 unless you lose to swabs on monday then your playing for a spot in 2nd place
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:21 am

The thing with the highelves is always stikes first is brilliant in 8th, but the army is so expensive you can only field a small army. And whats the point in quality when your fighting 3-1 with most armies.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Grimoldby
Cross-Swords Member
Jeremy Grimoldby

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:28 am

Thats why you need eagles Lee, to redirect the enemy troops, if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time it doesnt matter whether they outnumber you Smile
Hope our game wasn't too annoying for you, you had some rotten luck Sad
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:09 am

22 MINOTAURS Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:58 am

yes mike 22 minotaurs with doombull and and gorebull and he charged me and i still beat it it took me 2 turns of combat cheers
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 am

You beat it in combat? With skinks?
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Toughness 6 skinks lmao
Back to top Go down
Lee Stubbs
Cross-Swords Member
Lee Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Thank you jeremy for the sympathy, my luck has been down since the first game where magic is concerned. So far 325pts of archmage was a complete waste, as he's cast 2 spell in 2 games of 5 turns.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:33 pm

yes with the skinks of death
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Lee i too have been having rotten luck with HE. This is some of the views and key points i have taken from playing Andi and Owen (losing all the time btw Razz) never the less learning every game.

It always seems that yea ok ASF plus re-rolls on paper sounds awesome but your never going to kill loads with s3 regardless unless its skellies but even with 6+ parry save a few enemies will make that all important save. And when the attacks come back at your helpless elves they just drop like flies with t3 and shit armour. The way forward is lore of life and bump up the toughness, least u can stay in combat for longer with your opponent hopefully rolling poor dice to wound your feeble troops. This in turn making your ASF+ re-rolls slowly chomping through a unit. The only problem to this is relying on your magic to get through and if you have a pump roll on the winds things will not favour you at all regarding the fact your opponent my dispell your all important spell.

Another winner is eagles, seriously 50 points! march block/divert/draw troops plus a cheeky stomp attack. Never leave home without them.

This may seem like a bone one but seaguard always take a musician and that all important swift reform. Get them shooting early 2 ranks deep before you get into combat with your enemy, swift reform for your rank bonus/spears/supporting ranks etc. If your enemy isnt wittled down by the time you get into combat then cross your fingers and hope for some good rolls.

Forget the prince/dragon etc take lvl 4 archmage and book of hoeth, i think you have a 97% chance for irresistable on 6 dice! choose your deadly spell and watch your enemies drop. But beware the dreaded double 6 or you may see your precious mage disappear in a big explosion and left with a pair of smoking boots at the bottom of a big crater with your bunker unit all but limbless and running for the hills.

Phoenix Guard/White lions or sword masters i prefer personnally white lions, i prefer the extra strength etc than the 5+ ward but it depends on how you play i suppose. PG are pretty nails to kill with that ward but white lions in combat like nothing more than that woodsman axe cleaving heads. But when your really wana stick it to the enemy why not take sword masters 7 wide 2 deep you got 21 attacks ASF rerolls! that feels good already doesnt it!

i know you will already know all this but i thought id share it anyway Smile

Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Bring on the minotaurs Very Happy

My ogres have feasted on enough elf flesh and now fancy something tasty Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

i dont know there stronger faster hit you on 3s and get more attacks than you plus they get impact hits on the charge plus they get stronger the more they win so if they keep on winning its going to hurt its going to be a close game if you can survive there hits you might be able to do it depends on who gets the charge as that dictates the amount of room there is for side charges in a later round of combat now ive put it on paper ogres are out classed by minotaurs all you have that is better is armour save but he hits you first so he can cause loads damage before you hit him back

Last edited by Daniel richards on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup Tournament - It's over!   World Cup Tournament - It's over! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Cup Tournament - It's over!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cross-Swords :: Club & Gaming Area :: Events-
Jump to: