Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Space Marine Battles Novels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick Stuart
Cross-Swords Member
Patrick Stuart

Space Marine Battles Novels Empty
PostSubject: Space Marine Battles Novels   Space Marine Battles Novels I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:24 pm

I have heard of a new series of books being produced by the Black Library : The Space Marine Battle Novels. The first of which will be Rynn's World written by Steve Parker and released in February. I'm personally liking the look of this book but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the story or the author.

Other books in the series are going to be The Hunt For Voldorius by Mitchel Scanlon and Helsreach by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. Does anybody know what these are going to be about? I have to say the covers for these books look great, the art work really is top notch. http://www.blacklibrary.com/releases.php Take a look for yourself. I have only read the Horus Heresy novels and love them, I do hope these are as good.
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Battles Novels   Space Marine Battles Novels I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Hey Pat. The Rynn's world book should be about the Ork attack on the Crimson Fist's homeworld where the CF's destroyed their own Fortress-Monastary with a missile that was meant to blow up the Ork army!

I'm guessing that the book's just fleshing out the original piece of background from the CF's history.

The Hunt for Voldorius is an expansion of the Raven Guard/White Scar hunt for Voldorius from the Marine Codex.

The Helsreach book is taken from the Black Templars Codex. It takes the fight between the Orks & the BT's at the 2nd war for Armageddon at Hive Helsreach.

This is where Chaplain Grimaldus took a last stand in the Temple of the Emperor Ascendant.

Phew! Hope this helps!

See you at the club on Thursday if you're down. Cool
Back to top Go down
Patrick Stuart
Cross-Swords Member
Patrick Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Battles Novels   Space Marine Battles Novels I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Sounds pretty damn awesome, especially the Voldorius one. I didnt even bother looking in SM Codex when i saw it. Just went back and read it, seeing Alpha Legion and Night Lords should be good. I do have a soft spot for those thunder armoured, skull wearing, Vampire like Marines.

And I should be there on Thursday...homework allowing lol! Hopefully Ill be there, I need to pick up my Rune Priest which I ordered a while back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Battles Novels   Space Marine Battles Novels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Battles Novels
Page 1 of 1