Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament

Go down 
+2
Ed Breddy
Owen Farmer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 am

Just make such you don't have to many units Razz
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:07 am

Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi all,

The results are in and they look like this: -

CS = Cross-Swords
RR = Rygas Roughnecks

1st - Owen =CS
2nd - Andy = CS
3rd - Swabs = CS
4th - Robin = RR
5th - Guy = CS
6th - Dan = RR
7th - Rob = CS
8th - Ed = CS
9th - John = RR
10th - Ben =CS
11th - Mike = RR
12th - Dave = RR
13th - Derek = CS
14th - Jolyon = RR

Good work everybody I think its fair to say that Rygas Roughnecks had their ass handed to them cheers

My personal highlight was my mega combat against Guy's Booldletters. He flanked my Greatswords but I rear charged with Spearmen and flanked with Militia. After the first couple of rounds of combat I was winning the combat by 2-3. Very Happy Guy was rolling well for his break tests and I couldn't pop them quick enough. After a few more rounds of combat in total I had lost 19 Spearmen, 6 Militia & 18 Greatswords. I think that Guy had only lost 9 Bloodletters. In the end I was losing the combat by 2-3 luckily No I was able to hold on for the win. afro
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:22 pm

it was a great day in general disapointed with my final position after my amazing first game but the dice godess is a fickle mistress.

game 1
played woodelves

highpoint-my lord on dragon killing his highborn with great weapon and ANNOYACNE OF NETLINGS.

low point-letting my tzeentch knights get flanked by wild riders

game 2
played (owen's) empire

highpoint-well um this could take a minute...i suppose my lord on dragon killing his general and battle standard bearer was cool.

lowpoint-my dice rolls were terrible

game 3
played tomb kings

highpoint-my tzeentch knights charging a unit of tomb guard and killing 10 of them.

low point-my lord having his heasd cut off by a tomb guard (killing blow)

unit of the tournemt-deffinetly lord on dragon killed shit loads and soaked up a lot of attention so the knights could bring the pain

champaign (or best) moment-seeing a unit of wild riders with noble and wardancers bounce off my nurgle knights flee and get chased down. run you fucking pointy eared bastards!

hope they do another after xmass
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Well done on your victory, Owen. Typical that you win the event where there are no prizes... Smile Nice to see Cross Swords at the head of the rankings too.

*puts Orion back in his box* Sleep
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Roughneck   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am

Yes a very good and enjoyable day.

Particular points that come to mind were my unit of 5 lowly dire wolves munching through 3 dwarven gun crews and watching my bloodknight rampage.

Best game by far was against swabs where almost everything died on both sides of the table. It was a game where it would swing from one of us to the other turn after turn and it was never clear where the victory would land. A great game massive casualty lists and a good draw. Cheers swabs.

Best moment of the tourny was finding out ed's name is actually BARRY BRODY! So whats ed then? a middle name like?

Congrats to owen and the team for locking out the medal spots.
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:05 am

Andi Avery wrote:

Best moment of the tourny was finding out ed's name is actually BARRY BRODY! So whats ed then? a middle name like?

I'm sure it was Barry Razz
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:21 am

Andi Avery wrote:

BREDDY!!!!!!!!!!!! is my surname
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:22 am

Highly enjoyable event, maybe because I did well Shocked

Orc of the match, has to be the Warboss on Wyvern, was doing consistently 4-6 wounds with that combo.

Gobbo of the match has to be Squig hoppers, well, when they decided to join in the fun.

Pics posted soon of my domination Razz

Swabs
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 am

BREDDY!!!!!!!!!!!! is my surname

Yes a likely story!!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Next club tourney   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:34 am

OK so what club are we going to dominate next.

I really think we should get a local club league going on with the amount of clubs around in this area, dice and dagger, inquisition, RR, PAW and probably some more somewhere close (I think there may be one in newquay) even against GW store teams in the area. It would be a good crack and enough teams took part there could be an awesome trophy up for grabs. Take this weekend for example. How hard really was it to organise that? I used to play a high representative level of rugby and was playing every wednesday and saturday and training 3 times a week. It'd be good to get into something that was consistent (like thursday nights) but with a competitive twist in a team environment. I think we could (as a team) afford a weekend day per month to play. But then again im not party to committee stuff or venue hire etc so just throwing it out there. All i know is that A) we all had a good time this weekend, B) we would like to see more of it and C) We have the makings of a very good team who could very possibly win stuff.

Anyway my Five quids worth!!
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:53 am

Hi,

As far as a South league goes, it has been talked about but we feel that we are still along way from that, but with time I do think it should be possible. A part of what we are doing now, going out and meeting with new clubs is, I hope the early beginnings. As for the near future we should continue on our travels and handing clubs their asses Twisted Evil and spreading the name of Cross-Swords. I think the main problems are going to be getting other clubs playing other clubs getting Rygas Roughneck to go to Cornwall and play the Dice and Dagger.
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:23 am

i looked at my army list and my army didn't total 2000pts exactly i thought it did it was actually 1996 so i was 3 points off winning by a a massacre not 7 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament   Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rygas Roughnecks Fantasy Tournament
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2