Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next fantasy event

Go down 
+4
richayson
matt monk
michael tetley
Rob Farmer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 am

After the PAW dust has settled, Owen and I want to run another Cross Swords Fantasy tournament. We are interested in providing a tournament that club members want, so I would like your feedback on these ideas:

1) Knock-out singles - simple knock-out tournament. Typically about 16 entrants, played over about 6 weeks if you get to the final. Easy to organise, tense draws, build-up to a big finale, but many players will only get one game.

2) Singles League - to be practical this has to be limited to about ten players. Everyone plays everyone else. Results go into a running league table. Everyone gets a lot of games, great atmosphere for several weeks. Requires dedication and commitment from gamers and organisers to collate the table.

3) Knock-out doubles - Doubles is great fun but can be difficult to organise as each game requires four players on the same night.

4) World Cup - group stages, followed by knock-out tournament. Everyone gets at least 3 games, followed by the tension of the knock-out. Can last several weeks.

What would you guys prefer us to organise for you?
Back to top Go down
michael tetley
Cross-Swords Member
michael tetley

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 am

The doubles was fun but i would prefer the singles tournament.

The world cup one sounds cool Smile
Back to top Go down
matt monk
Cross-Swords Member
matt monk

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 am

i would be interested in a fantasy event, world cup would be cool
Back to top Go down
richayson
Cross-Swords Member
richayson

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:41 am

world cup format worked well before.following the old adage if it ain`t broke don`t fixit im voting world cup as it has the best of both worlds
count me in in any format
Back to top Go down
Daniel_ Hilliard
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel_ Hilliard

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 am

Depending on the point limit and if I will need to be there every week me and matty would love a go. Also world cup one seem the best.
Back to top Go down
Chrishorsley
Cross-Swords Member
Chrishorsley

Location : Too close to the water. Damn those seagulls keeping me up.

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

A little cheeky as i have yet to play a game but i would certainly be interested in a tournament. Would help me get back into the swing and play lots of different armies.
The world cup style seems popular so am up for that and it involves getting more games in. Thanks
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

i'm in, world cup is a genius idea! nothing more disheartning than entering a competition and only playing 1 game (espcially as i'm crap) bit of an icebreaker for some of the newer members to play someone different maybe promote it at paw?
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Cheers for the feedback.

Ok, so everyone so far thinks the World Cup is the best idea. I tend to agree. I shall start a new thread soon for people to sign up.
Back to top Go down
Daniel richards
Cross-Swords Member
Daniel richards

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm

world cup sounds like a brilliant idea cant wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next fantasy event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next fantasy event   Next fantasy event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next fantasy event
Page 1 of 1