Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!

Go down 
+15
Chris King
Neil M
Scragg
Swabs
Owen Farmer
JamesLye
Jay Court
Aaron Dix
andy white
matt monk
Mike Culpan
George Maczugowski
Martin Cooper
Rob Farmer
Andi Avery
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:37 am

Swabs wrote:
But that is due to the roadworks, once the roadworks are completed, the new road will make it faster, which I am led to believe, will be completed in Octoberish.

Tyrant Swabs

isn't that what they said last October?

What's the car parking like there?
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:09 am

I`m talking about the new new road just off the old on-going roadworks.

Car parking is excellent and free, enough room for everyone.

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 am

Scragg wrote:
dunno how your placed for any barstaf, but i have a decent bar experiance, and oli (the techno vikking who comes mondays) is a personall lisense holder and has decent experiance under his belt. we'd both be willing to lend a hand all voluntry and that if needed. just dont ask me to spell stuff for yyou.

That sounds cool. Can we get Zoe & Katie from from the Westward Inn as well? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aaron Dix
Cross-Swords Member
Aaron Dix

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:26 am

i second that!!

on another note does this mean x-swords will be moving?
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:08 am

Oh yes!

More space, more tables, more options for in-house (& invitation) tournaments etc.

Going to be amazing!!!

Can't wait! Cool
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 am

And the best bit is..........

WAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH SWABLACK IZ COMIN FOR YA UMIES alien
Back to top Go down
Chris King
Cross-Swords Member
Chris King

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:31 pm

So, is this going to be the actual location for Cross Swords in future? It looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://admiraldrax.blogspot.com
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Yes sir, it is indeed going to be the new home of cross swords.

We have not heard of any negative comments or criticism of this proposed move and we actively welcome feedback both negative and positive for the venue and any thoughts or comments you may have.

Once again we aim to provide a location that you as a club feel at home and can call your own so your input is extremely valuable to us so we get it right the first time round.

We want to avoid the situation that may occur later on with people not being happy or having negative comments about things not being right or need to be changed from the off, so get your comments and ideas in now or forever hold your piece!!! he he he

Ok chaps and chappettes

Have fun rolling them dice.
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 pm

firstly with regards to female barstaff im' the one that will be performing staff medicals

then to the matter in hand,
what terrain would you guys prefer fixed terrain boards (diorama style), pick and mix (what we have at the mo) or a mixture of both?
themed boards or generic?

we're in the process of setting out our events diary, what kind of events would you like to take part in? we now have the options for the events teams to organise tournaments over weekends either 1 or 2 days, or carry on the successful weekly format
anybody wishing to run a large scale apocolypse event/ narrative campaign? there is alot of space to use

food and beverage, whats on the menu? Rob F choc mousse is depending on behaviour!!!

what are the lines you want to see in the store?

don't eat at the pub but would want better value for money in the food and drink area!
would like to play on themed boards a mixture of both diaroma and flexible terrain.
i also would actively look to take part in a campaign and like to see intro sessions for other systems, Tom was awesome at getting me into warmachine and chris pearse has got me intrested in dystopian wars
don't eat at the pub but if i were to eat at a weekend something lighter,
and in the store brass rod etched foliage and basing bits
Back to top Go down
Mike Culpan
Admin
Mike Culpan

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:52 am

Themed ftw. Only people with no class would choose to play on a generic board.

I follow that statement with a broad apology to most of the cross-swords membership Razz
Back to top Go down
Martin Cooper
Cross-Swords Member
Martin Cooper

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 am

Be careful not to build many static boards as 40k and warhammer tournaments you may wish to place scenary down in game 1, or edit it for scenarios
Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:18 am

Fixed terrain can be cool. I mean I would love to play on this table.

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 DSCF4150

However, pick and mix is the best if you are going to doing tournaments.

As for the bar staff maybe you should hold X-Factor style auditions. I would like to volunteer to be on the judging panel Wink
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Wouldn't say no to a job behind the bar. I have experience.
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 am

New pics added.

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

On Facebook I'm guessing?
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:07 am

Are those windows? I don't think I've played Warhammer in natural light for 18 years...

I can't wait for this. bounce
Back to top Go down
Neil M
Cross-Swords Member
Neil M

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:29 am

Are you guys going to be taking on the shop side of things? I ordered some stuff with Ant a while ago but havent heard anything. I was given some vouchers for my birthday but I dont want to buy stuff elsewhere and then leave you guys lumbered with the stuff from the order.
Back to top Go down
Dave Jakowyszyn
Cross-Swords Member
Dave Jakowyszyn

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 am

Neil, I spoke to Ant and he said that there has been a problem with your order. To resolve it, you'll need to pay the admiistrative fee. Please send your birthday vouchers and a cheque for £50 made payable to 'Frugal Dave' to: Gullible Sucker Department, Frugal Towers, PLYMOUTH, PL1

Best Regards

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.ayearoffrugalgaming.com/
Neil M
Cross-Swords Member
Neil M

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Dave Jakowyszyn wrote:
Neil, I spoke to Ant and he said that there has been a problem with your order. To resolve it, you'll need to pay the admiistrative fee. Please send your birthday vouchers and a cheque for £50 made payable to 'Frugal Dave' to: Gullible Sucker Department, Frugal Towers, PLYMOUTH, PL1

Best Regards

Dave

I dont know, something about this has got my spider senses tingling. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:52 pm

WARNING - an unscrupulous criminal gang led by a man known only as "Frugal Dave" are currently operating a scam in your area. "Frugal" is known to the police and our best advice is to avoid him at all costs. To cover the costs of sending this alert and to enable us to continue our investigations into fraud, please send a cheque for £100 to Fraud Detection Squad, 18, Cash Cow Lane, Dorking.
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Any update on a moving-in date yet, getting excited about playing in an awesome gaming area... bounce
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: giants laiir   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:08 am

Yo Jay!! the builders have assured us they will be done on wed, we will use the following weekend to get set up then its a matter of ant and mike giving notice , that said sat 24th still is the intended curtain raiser. we are hoping to host "behind closed doors" sessions and games to iron out any teething troubles .
at the moment we are drafting our events programme, not so much tournaments but if you guys fancy campaigns or apocolypse size battles get ready to book table space!!
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Cool!

We normally have a 'Mega Apocalypse' game every year, would be good to have a slug-fest at the Lair!
Back to top Go down
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:56 am

Looks like my "Marmalizer" gets to come out to play Smile

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Swabs wrote:
Looks like my "Marmalizer" gets to come out to play Smile

Tyrant Swabs

What the hell's that when it's at home? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next