Cross-Swords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Cross-Swords Store  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!

Go down 
+15
Chris King
Neil M
Scragg
Swabs
Owen Farmer
JamesLye
Jay Court
Aaron Dix
andy white
matt monk
Mike Culpan
George Maczugowski
Martin Cooper
Rob Farmer
Andi Avery
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Swabs
Cross-Swords Member

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:00 am

rumble rumble rumble....looks like Jay woke it up...run for your lives Smile

Tyrant Swabs
Back to top Go down
Ed Breddy
Cross-Swords Member
Ed Breddy

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Swabs wrote:

Tyrant Swabs

this doesn't answer the question
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Swabs wrote:

Tyrant Swabs

I think he means he's hungry for Marmite sandwiches!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Guys a quick call out if anyone knows of anyone who knows of anyone needing to get rid of furniture etc or anywhere they know of where furniture is going cheap or even better free
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave Jakowyszyn
Cross-Swords Member
Dave Jakowyszyn

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Freecycle? http://groups.freecycle.org/PlymouthFreecycleUK/posts/all , really good for all sorts.

Gumtree? http://www.gumtree.com/devon

Ebay has a lot of cheap deals, many bits of furniture go for only pound or so.

Or any of the various furniture/house clearance place in town (such as those down union street).

There are a few internet business that sell off huge lots of old chairs (from weddings/conference centres etc) for low proces but I can't recall any at the moment.

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.ayearoffrugalgaming.com/
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:15 pm

I've had forming in my head, how about a room dedicated to Cross-Swords very own Warhammer celebrity GUY RINGHAM!!!. You could put all his different armies he has on display, signed pictures of him on the walls and Andy could even make a bust of him using his plaster modeling bricks. Man it would look great!!
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Im sorry Owen this is a no go

Simply put we just could not handle the huge amount of pilgrims that would obviously come to dedicate their souls to Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuy Ringham, we have a large amount of space but no way near enough space to accomodate everyone we just couldn't cope im afraid, maybe if we had the O2 arena or NEC, MAYBE?
Back to top Go down
Rob Farmer
Rob Farmer

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 am

The O2? NEC? For Guy Ringham?

Surely you mean St Paul's Cathedral or Westminster Abbey?
Back to top Go down
Jay Court
Jay Court

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Wembley Stadium maybe?
Back to top Go down
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: Can't wait   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:42 pm

This looks amazing.

I had a look at facebook and the place looks great.
Do you think you might have got it ready sooner if you hadn't spent so much time racing swivel chairs or hitting each other with shovels?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Owen Farmer
Owen Farmer

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Whats the plan on the 1st of October guys, Events? Mini tournament? Turn up and play? I will be making a pilgrimage to the Great Hall of Guy Ringham Wink and hoping to smash up some woodies whilst i'm there.
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:44 am

The opening event will consist of turn up and play games, participation games, spot prizes throughout the day, a raffle, a chance to win a f$&k off sword, hopefully a game of dreadfleet if we get them in time, plus other stuff
Back to top Go down
andy white
Cross-Swords Member

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:48 am

the doors will open around 10 ish, by all means "bring and battle" there will be a few participation games, and any volunteers will be will welcomed with open arms. the castle will be up and ready to lay siege to. the space hulk is also being dusted off (calling James Lye!!). Will of ww2 fame is hosting a panzer attack spectacular. there is a small skirmish game involving dwarfs and goblins that needs manning. anyone else who wants to demo a game warmachine, epic, mordheim, necromunda etc etc will be found a space the loan of table and scenary would be awesome.
we wil be offering refreshments sadly they will be for sale and food as well but that will be limited choice.

also we will trying to persuade people to be members of the giants lair/ saw games. this in no way detracts or alters from Cross swords in anyway whatsoever. But in order to have an alcohol licence we need to be a private members club. ( the fact that we want to sell alcohol on an industrial estate, demands this and is the only way we can achieve this). It is not compulsory to be a member but there are benefits the main one is discount on shop stuff, but a list of what you get will be on display. the membership fee were looking at is £10. We really wish it could be less and in an ideal world more of a token gesture, sadly there is no bank loan for this project and what you see on the day has been self financed, our first day trading will help considerably to the first months rent. We are looking into grants and funding but that so far has been a bit of a nightmare and is no way guaranteed (budget cuts etc etc)
Our parent company "saw gaming" primarily is a non profit organisation, Swabs and myself still have to do our day jobs, Avery well he's just an enigma!! Therefore what you see on sat is by no means the finished article, we acknowledge we still have a long way to, please be patient and any feedback good or bad will be needed & wanted ( just be careful of the timing). a suggestion box will be going up soon as well as an open door policy , but the reality is room hire is replaced by a commercial rent, lease has been signed and for the 3 of us are in it for the long haul and we hope you guys are to!
We are also pleased to announce that Ant has been asked to become "gaming manager" foolishly he's picked up the gauntlet and agreed and will sit on our comittee, and will help us to achieve something special,
these are the first few steps, the more help and support the better, see you in a week
Back to top Go down
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: support   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 6:56 am

If you had exactly what we've got at cross swords but in a dedicated building it would be awesome.
Every small improvement on that is going to have gamers like me twitching with excitement.

I'm planning to dust off my wallet and break my "no purchases till they're all painted" vow to commemorate the opening day.
Back to top Go down
Andi Avery
Cross-Swords Member
Andi Avery

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm sure we can oblige you monsieur Bright. Ever thought about playing fantasy?
Back to top Go down
Neil M
Cross-Swords Member
Neil M

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:16 am

What time are you guys open until on opening day? I would love to pop in and maybe have a game but I have to work during the day.
Back to top Go down
andybright
Cross-Swords Member
andybright

PostSubject: Fantasy eh?   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:27 pm

I've got an orc and goblin army which is crying out to be painted and brought back for some games.

All I need is about 12 months and some green paint.
Back to top Go down
Dave Jakowyszyn
Cross-Swords Member
Dave Jakowyszyn

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 am

Neil M wrote:
What time are you guys open until on opening day? I would love to pop in and maybe have a game but I have to work during the day.

Hi Neil, I spoke to Andy and he said that due to licensing requirements, you will need to pay to keep the Venue open past 5pm. Simply send a cheque for £50 made out to 'Frugal Dave' to: 'I Can't Believe He Fell For It Twice' Department, Frugal Towers, PLYMOUTH, etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.ayearoffrugalgaming.com/
Neil M
Cross-Swords Member
Neil M

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Dave, heaven forbid if they ever make an Oceans 14....
Back to top Go down
Rob Harvey
Cross-Swords Member
Rob Harvey

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!   South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South West's premiere gaming centre coming soon!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3